Infomercials

Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:52 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Infomercials

Whlst i love this country and really enjoy living here overall, i am about to have a rant.

Surely i am not the only person who is pig sick of these sugary, naff, amateurish infomercials? In particular the ones aimed at bored housewives during the daytime programmes. I had the misfortune this morning to be forced into watching free to air TV as i could not find the Foxtel remote control (had slid under the sofa!) Would you believe they are trying to push the tired and outdated 70s soda streams on these unsuspecting women? :scared:

Ok, i admit, i am not your normal "girlie" kind of woman. I like rude jokes, find the company of guys entertaining and often more stimulating than some of my female counterparts, but SURELY even girlie girls have more sense than to get sucked in by this rubbish!!! It wouldnt be so bad if it was done in an entertaining way but its not! Totally bloody naff. Often presented by incredibly insincere, sugary blondes with a bored glazed look on their faces coupled with a condescending, patronising voice. If i knew i had to spend the rest of my days at home out of the workforce and had to watch this crap i'd hang myself TODAY!

ARGHHHH! thank god ive found the remote and can watch Discovery Channel again. Roll on February when i enter the education system

Thankyou. Rant over.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Infomercials

Hubby says turn telly off, turn the hoover on and get working woman!!!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

BTW: lemon and lime soda stream to die for!!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:06 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The S's
Hubby says turn telly off, turn the hoover on and get working woman!!!!

PMSL .. As we have no kids at home, i have managed to complete my wifely duties already. Took all of 10 minutes
Normally i would have been out of the house by now, discovering my new environment and enjoying the sunshine, BUT, i have to sit here enduring this garbage whilst i wait for the carpet cleaner to turn up
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
PMSL .. As we have no kids at home, i have managed to complete my wifely duties already. Took all of 10 minutes
Normally i would have been out of the house by now, discovering my new environment and enjoying the sunshine, BUT, i have to sit here enduring this garbage whilst i wait for the carpet cleaner to turn up
Linda how long u been there for and are you having time of your life. We are due to go out to Brissy in march and can't wait
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:09 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I've woken up a few times in the middle of the night and flicked the TV on and all it I can find is informercials about kitchen knives, ladder systems and excercise equipment, great if you're a fit, knife throwing, midget.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:14 pm
Banned

Linda how long u been there for and are you having time of your life. We are due to go out to Brissy in march and can't wait

Ive been in Australia a couple of years but new to Sydney. I love the place. Sydney is a beautiful city and full of life. We nearly went to live in Brisbane but i got a training opportunity here and decided to take it.
I hope you enjoy Brissie. Many seem to. Good luck!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I've woken up a few times in the middle of the night and flicked the TV on and all it I can find is informercials about kitchen knives, ladder systems and excercise equipment, great if you're a fit, knife throwing, midget.

Ahhh, well, i'm not fit (yet). OK, I have been tempted into knife throwing at certain times of the month, but certainly no midget!! No luck there then
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ive been in Australia a couple of years but new to Sydney. I love the place. Sydney is a beautiful city and full of life. We nearly went to live in Brisbane but i got a training opportunity here and decided to take it.
I hope you enjoy Brissie. Many seem to. Good luck!
Thanks Linda,

We hope so too, I guess its just a chance you take on wherever you decide to go, all the best to you bud. I'm gettin prepared for TV over there, good job I don't watch much here or I think I'd be really stuck there unless you have 'Kath and Kim' I could watch thAt all day

Lotsa love
xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:34 pm
Banned

Thanks Linda,

We hope so too, I guess its just a chance you take on wherever you decide to go, all the best to you bud. I'm gettin prepared for TV over there, good job I don't watch much here or I think I'd be really stuck there unless you have 'Kath and Kim' I could watch thAt all day

Lotsa love
xxxxxxxxxxx
I reckon you will, i sense good vibes

OMG! I just switched on my old mate Parkinson on UK TV and who's on there? Bloody Victoria Beckham :scared: :scared: my day is going from bad to worse
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:07 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We used to get them all the time in the UK too, especially on digital channels that weren't on air 24 hours. I liked the irony that after being sucked into buying things you didn't want they offered you loans at high rates to pay for them.

The one that bugs me out here is when they do these things as part of the programme. I was watching Bert Newton a few weeks ago (didn't turn off after the breakfast news) and at about 9.30 they started what I thought was a cookery segment but turned out to be nothing more than an advert for cooking utensils.

On the other hand I have seen very few commercials aimed at getting kids to plead with their parents for all sorts of Xmas toys.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:11 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Roll on February when i enter the education system

Thankyou. Rant over.

Been accepted into kindy have ya