Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

info on redcliffe area please guys

info on redcliffe area please guys

Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:15 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default info on redcliffe area please guys

hi guys
can any of you tell me what its like in redcliffe?

we are looking at a holiday let for 3/4 weeks whilst we find our feet as it were

the info on the holiday let site discibes the let as

a 2 storey townhouse overlooking tranquil Humpybong Creek.
The Creek flows through tree studded Humpybong Park

from the info this seems to be near marine parade
( or that may be where the real estate agents are its not really clear )

so is it a thumbs up
or look again mate ???

thanks steve
Attached Thumbnails info on redcliffe area please guys-pic_1.jpg   info on redcliffe area please guys-pic_2.jpg  
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info on redcliffe area please guys

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi guys
can any of you tell me what its like in redcliffe?

we are looking at a holiday let for 3/4 weeks whilst we find our feet as it were

the info on the holiday let site discibes the let as

a 2 storey townhouse overlooking tranquil Humpybong Creek.
The Creek flows through tree studded Humpybong Park

from the info this seems to be near marine parade
( or that may be where the real estate agents are its not really clear )

so is it a thumbs up
or look again mate ???

thanks steve
Some people on this group like the place but I didn't. It's not the most attracive place going, it's run down, full of bogans & the beach is basically mudflats. It was the first place we visited in SE Qld & kind of put us off moving to that part of the world although we did visit some nice places after that (not many though).

Holiday let looks nice though.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:41 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Some people on this group like the place but I didn't. It's not the most attracive place going, it's run down, full of bogans & the beach is basically mudflats. It was the first place we visited in SE Qld & kind of put us off moving to that part of the world although we did visit some nice places after that (not many though).

Holiday let looks nice though.
thanks for replying mate
we are looking for some where pretty central and affordable whilst we look around

regards steve

ps wtf is a bogan??
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for replying mate
we are looking for some where pretty central and affordable whilst we look around

regards steve

ps wtf is a bogan??
rough country hoon/idiot.

I did my tandem free fall from Redcliffe - seemed like a nice enough beach front but dead! We were up there one Saturday and it was raining lightly but saw no one - really weird. A fair few out and about on the Sunday when we jumped but it has the nickname of Deadcliffe and I could see why.

On the other hand if you're using it as a base to explore, it's not far from Brissie and Sunshine Coast. There have been lots of threads on the place over the last couple of years. Try a search of Redcliffe or Deadcliffe . I was happy we went home to the Gold Coast - just over and hour and a half away over the Gateway Bridge (toll ) which can get chocka and frequently does.

As Amazulu said though the rental looks ok.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:33 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how anyone can think Suttons Beach is a mudflat?? Deception Bay beach is more like that - Suttons is quite nice. Humpybong park is just a short walk fromteh sea front and the lagoon. Although Redcliffe front may not be 'bustling' they are just beginning the full renovation of the front so 'watch this space'. Scarbourough - about 5 mins drive or a decent walk along the front' has a bit more going for it - Sunday brekkie at Rabottinis is a nice way to start the day. The Belevedere at Woody Point has a couple of decent eating places in it as well and has been the site of a rather well attended ex-pats meet.

When are you coming?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:06 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I don't know how anyone can think Suttons Beach is a mudflat?? Deception Bay beach is more like that - Suttons is quite nice. Humpybong park is just a short walk fromteh sea front and the lagoon. Although Redcliffe front may not be 'bustling' they are just beginning the full renovation of the front so 'watch this space'. Scarbourough - about 5 mins drive or a decent walk along the front' has a bit more going for it - Sunday brekkie at Rabottinis is a nice way to start the day. The Belevedere at Woody Point has a couple of decent eating places in it as well and has been the site of a rather well attended ex-pats meet.

When are you coming?
arrive on the 10th oct mate
just looking around for a reasonable holiday let whilst we look for something more perminant
having just read that its a hour and twenty minutes to the gold coast i`ll look for some where further south
( gold coast is currentley looking favorite as the school at robina looks realy good for our 13 yr old daughter )

thanks steve
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:50 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

just looking around for a reasonable holiday let whilst we look for something more perminant
having just read that its a hour and twenty minutes to the gold coast i`ll look for some where further south
( gold coast is currentley looking favorite as the school at robina looks realy good for our 13 yr old daughter )

thanks steve
Ours (son) goes here

http://www.stpauls.qld.edu.au/06_web/default.asp
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks steve
Steve there is a block of apartments down here - they pretty good, in a lovely area and good for exploring this end of the coast - a link here http://www.wotif.com/hotels/bay-of-palms-resort.html You may have more luck arriving when you are, not sure if places get booked up down here for Indy.

Will PM you
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:55 am
Banned

We stayed here when we came to validate and when we were waiting for our house to be ready to move into

http://www.pelicancove.com.au/
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:05 am
Worongary

thankyou moneypen20 and bar232 i`ll check these out right away

ps bar232 i did the nitrox course last week and passed
( it would have been embarrassing if i didnt as Ive been a DM for 10 years just never got round to doing the nitrox course )
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:07 am
Banned

thankyou moneypen20 and bar232 i`ll check these out right away

ps bar232 i did the nitrox course last week and passed
( it would have been embarrassing if i didnt as Ive been a DM for 10 years just never got round to doing the nitrox course )
It certainly would have - hardly rocket science is it LOL. I've even got a stash of 32 and 36 in the garage ;-)