info please to move to oz

Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

madwelshman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info please to move to oz

hi need to know its the rite thing to do to move to oz not sure which part
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info please to move to oz

Wow, that's a huge question - depends what you need, want and like!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:41 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by madwelshman
mate, that's 3 times you've asked the same style of question... you need to think seriously about why you are considering emigrating
once you have a clearer idea of your reasons then you might have some more detailed questions to ask
it's not an easy decision to make and no one can make it for you
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:56 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

If you're asking a question like that, the answers probably 'No it's not the right thing for you to do'!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

well its getting to much for me in the uk im married with 2 kids but dont know were to start about moving
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:03 pm

well its getting to much for me in the uk im married with 2 kids but dont know were to start about moving
what's getting too much?
work? cost of living? lifestyle? weather?

why does Australia appeal? why not the US or Canada or elsewhere?

you'll need a visa for wherever you are going? my experience from Aus is that the majority do this via the Skilled Migration process... what skills do you have?

some questions for starters
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

is it easy to get a job what are the house prices i work for U.P.S but they dont do transfer within the company.iv been told that the way of life is better and the schools are better i think i just want to hear of other people who were worried about making the move and what are the pit falls i do want to move but i have a job here and a house can i make it work what are people like im 38 and scared its a big jump. its easy for the rest of u your there or have made the move aready so im asking for help
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Dave53 will become famous soon enoughDave53 will become famous soon enough

I don't know whether you can afford to take a trip to Aussie and do a bit of fact finding . If you can , then take the opportunity . It may be the best bit of money you ever invested . I did . I looked at schools , housing , transportation , areas etc . Don't think of it as a holiday , because believe me , living here is no holiday !! .
If you can't afford to take the trip , then you couldn't afford to live here .

Dave
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

cost of living for one . the weather for 2 and i want the best for my kids most of all . i have spoken to a company that has told me that if i go in on the studant visa and do a machanic course 4 2yrs in oz uni the cost of the course is $30 or £13,000 4 the 2 yrs we as a family can be there in 6months but we can only do the course in oz not here and only rent 4 2yrs then when i finish the course i can work and do what i like i.e back for U.P.S who i spoke to in oz and they will give me the interview
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:17 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

is it easy to get a job what are the house prices i work for U.P.S but they dont do transfer within the company.iv been told that the way of life is better and the schools are better i think i just want to hear of other people who were worried about making the move and what are the pit falls i do want to move but i have a job here and a house can i make it work what are people like im 38 and scared its a big jump. its easy for the rest of u your there or have made the move aready so im asking for help
Its definately got its advantages but before you start getting your hopes up and saying its for you, youve got to be able to be qualified to get in, or find a sponsor/relative to allow you to work. Theres not point otherwise. Start here..... http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

so dave how expensive is it to live out there?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

i dont make it on the skills test cos im a multi-drop driver for UTD PARCELS SERVICE and there is no listing for drivers on the list. i do have football leaders F.A coaching badge but i think the best is for me to do the uni course 4 2 yrs.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:28 pm

getting a job is invariably difficult whereever you are in my opinion, unless you have a skill in high demand
what do you do for UPS? for skilled migration you will have to have something on the skilled occupation list, start here
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion/index.htm
personally i have a better lifestyle here than i did in the UK
i can't answer on schools (yet)
i reckon the biggest pitfall is not going in with your eyes wide open
yes it is a big jump, don't have any misconceptions about it being an easy one
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:34 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

its easy for the rest of u your there or have made the move aready so im asking for help
This is a pretty huge assumption - you have no idea what some people have had to/ are going through to realise their wish to come to Oz.

Personally speaking, the reasons you have so far stated for wanting to come to Oz seem very rose tinted, and based on common assumptions that Oz provides answers for everything and everyone....
May I suggest you think about what you want to achieve in future years for your work and your family, and then compare how the UK, Australia and other countries suit that need.
Please, for your familys sake, do not think of Australia as an end to all lifes problems allowing big houses, pools, constant bbq's, time on the beach etc, otherwise you will be severely disappointed.

When you have thought about it, and if Australia seems like a possible match, then go to www.migrationexpert.com or many of the other agents websites and see if you meet the criteria to enter the country.

Good luck whatever you do!
Steve
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Dave53 will become famous soon enoughDave53 will become famous soon enough

so dave how expensive is it to live out there?
Thats a BIG question .... Your house is the biggest investment you will ever make , whether here or in the UK . I don't know where you intend to move to . We live around Sydney , and that is Australias most expensive city . For example it takes an average of 8.5X the average salary to buy a house there . I think the cost of living is about the same as the UK , we were back in England in October and made comparisons then . Some things are cheaper here and some are more expensive , it's swings and roundabouts . All in all , apart from the cost of housing , I think there is little difference in costs . Housing costs vary from City to City , but overall there are many other conciderations beside housing that you have to think about .
I would recommend you look at www.smh.com.au , after a while you may build up a picture of life here and this may help you make a decision .
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.