Reload this Page >

info on perth please ashley!

info on perth please ashley!

Old Oct 25th 2002, 7:47 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info on perth please ashley!

Hi Ashley

Hope you dont me butting in like this, but we are looking at migrating to Perth next year and would really love some inside info on the 'best' of stuff!! Things like, the best areas to live, the best schools, places to hang out in the evening etc,etc. All sorts of everyday info to help us get the best out of Perth. I hope you dont mind.

Teresa
Old Oct 25th 2002, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

syropes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: info on perth please ashley!

Originally posted by teresa.c
Hi Ashley

Hope you dont me butting in like this, but we are looking at migrating to Perth next year and would really love some inside info on the 'best' of stuff!! Things like, the best areas to live, the best schools, places to hang out in the evening etc,etc. All sorts of everyday info to help us get the best out of Perth. I hope you dont mind.

Teresa
Hi Teresa,

Won't be able to help as well as Ashley, but check the following sites out. they are pretty darn useful!

www.aussiemove.com
http://www.onlinewa.com.au/enhanced/index.html

hope this helps a bit.

cheers

Sy
Old Oct 25th 2002, 8:27 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by syropes
Hi Teresa,

Won't be able to help as well as Ashley, but check the following sites out. they are pretty darn useful!

www.aussiemove.com
http://www.onlinewa.com.au/enhanced/index.html

hope this helps a bit.

cheers

Sy
Hi Sy

Cheers for those, some hours browsing here I see!! I did have some fab sites in my favourites on my other PC, but it blew up recently and I now have a new one and have to start all over again! Such is life!!

Teresa
Old Oct 25th 2002, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All

Due to having rather an abundance of spare time at work, i have compiled a list of some web sites that i have used to access information on Perth. Hope they are useful.

A few to get your teeth into!

www.abc.net.au - useful on Australian news
www.thewest.com.au - useful for local news
www.aussiemove.com - oz migration, suburb profiles etc- still in progress but some good stuff on there e.g. median house prices
www.streetsofperth.com.au- business directory, all newsapapers, education, recreation etc etc
www.commbank.com.au- Commonwealth bank website
www. perth.directory.citysearch.co.au- professional and careers, find a business etc
www.startingpage.com.au- all sorts from newspapers to Yellow and White pages links.
www.whatson.com.au- business events, leisure, gigs, theme parks etc
www.whereis.com.au- road maps of perth, great for looking up roads on maps, and looking at areas.
www.aussiehome.com.au- properties
www.reiwa.com.au- site which contains all listings from all agents on properties state wide.
www.gbteam.com.au- more property

See ya

Nicky
Old Oct 25th 2002, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by teresa.c
Hi Ashley

Teresa
Teresa,
There are many different "good" areas to live in. It all depends on how far you want to be from the city, how far you want to be from the ocean, what your budget is. Some people that work in the city prefer to be near the train line. The train is fairly quick (30+ Ks out can take anywhere from 25 to 40 mins). If you can be more specific, I can give you a good idea on some good suburbs. I am an Aussie from Perth, so should be able to give you a good idea. PM me if you don't want to give out too many details.