Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

info needed in work offshore/on in oil and gas as pipefitter

info needed in work offshore/on in oil and gas as pipefitter

Old Feb 21st 2009, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default info needed in work offshore/on in oil and gas as pipefitter

Is there many on here work in the oil and gas industry,im a pipefitter and already have my visa,just back from a validation trip in perth,i seen an employer or guy over there through my work in the uk,well a contact so paid him a visit,it looked all good.
But when i was in perth 4 yrs ago there was always many jobs adverstised in the paper for me,i even got a job 3 months after i got asked if i wanted it,and while there 4 yrs ago was always being offered other,i suppose then there was many more jobs to be had.
I had been on a working holiday visa back then so working in the city was ok for me.
While my visa was being done and waiting for my grant i did look online for jobs and many was adverstised weekly and monthly in which i took note of companies names and contact info,but recently i not seen many well in perth anyway.
Would this work be slowing down right now with the problems the world is in now,or am i just not looking in the right places.
I am drawn towards moving to perth as i think thats the best state to be with my background and also i have relatives there also which helps.

I did not look or contact employer when over there as seen no point in doing that until i was heading there for good or was there,but i need to get a feel as to how busy and what kind or work there is going to be there now and in te future.
I have never stuck for work here and do ok over here in the uk and it does worry me a little i maybe move and not work to be found,i am more used to working offshore than anywhere else,is there much companies who deal with that work and nothing else and look for pipefitters,as i been doing that for on and off for 17yrs.

Is there anyone on here who could pm me if they are in the same sort of trade offshore wat can be earned,and so i could compare it to say what i make back in uk,when i seen that contact in perth what he said did sound good but then i did not have the full info to read.
What other payments,expenses are paid?
Who are the companys to try and get work from and who pay best etc.
Where are the places to find the work and say always be in work?

I am also interested to find out how the wage pays in say live and construction site too which i am used to back in uk as well.