Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info needed re tools for carpenters

Info needed re tools for carpenters

Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Info needed re tools for carpenters

Hi there, can anyone tell me what power is used in Perth on a building site as we've heard it could be 240v and if so i will have to get rid of all my tools. Im a chippy, just wondered are tools cheaper over there and where is the majority of work (mainly CBD or can you get work anywhere).
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Info needed re tools for carpenters

Gday i am a chippy and sold all my 110v when i came here 11 months ago, just use the 240 on our 230v its fine. You will find work all over and if you are good you will never be out of work mate. PM me if you need help as i am not on here now because i do 11 hour days 6 to 7 days a week but bring a good crust.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all

just read your thread,apologies for nudging in,im a joiner and im over on 22 feb to brisbane,been hearing some horror stories lately about getting liceces etc to get the decent pay,whats your experience and advice,hoping just to get anything when we first land until we get credit ratings up etc etc then hoping to look at going the self employed route,any advice greatly appreciated
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dazlin
Gday i am a chippy and sold all my 110v when i came here 11 months ago, just use the 240 on our 230v its fine. You will find work all over and if you are good you will never be out of work mate. PM me if you need help as i am not on here now because i do 11 hour days 6 to 7 days a week but bring a good crust.
My hubby is a Chippy and he's going to sell all his tools and buy 240 when he's over there.

Just wondering, did you take your hand tools with you or did you buy new over there?

We think we're heading to Perth too

Good to hear there's plenty of work, did you get much trouble getting a job when you first arrived?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby is selling all his 110V and only keeping his 240V Festool ones, makes for cheaper shipping anyway!
We also would liket o know the situation for chippies in Brisbane!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

if you have lots of good quality 110v power tools bring them with you with a drop box and a spliter or two.