Reload this Page >

Info needed, Brisbane

Info needed, Brisbane

Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

TheDaddy will become famous soon enough
Default Info needed, Brisbane

Can anyone help? heres the thing...

im wanting to live in Brisbane/sunshine coast region. Also i have been drudging through countless job websites and forums posting for help/advice about plastering opportunities/wages/type of plastering most commonly used. Not only that, but I'm wanting to know the bare minimum of funds to take over. I'm really struggling to find the information i need, is there any advice you can give me?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:07 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info needed, Brisbane

Originally Posted by TheDaddy

im wanting to live in Brisbane/sunshine coast region. Also i have been drudging through countless job websites and forums posting for help/advice about plastering opportunities/wages/type of plastering most commonly used. Not only that, but I'm wanting to know the bare minimum of funds to take over. I'm really struggling to find the information i need, is there any advice you can give me?
Click Search above !
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Click Search above !
OK, am not going to repeat myself following my rant in the barbie....but do you have to be quite so unhelpful TFA!:curse:
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
OK, am not going to repeat myself following my rant in the barbie....but do you have to be quite so unhelpful TFA!:curse:
You know...
I seldom post questions here at all due to TFA and others with their version of a 'helpful reply'.
To the original poster...there are actually loads of helpful folk here.
If there was a 'ignore' facility I would happly 'ignore' most of what TFA says!
HKA
x
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:45 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
You know...
I seldom post questions here at all due to TFA and others with their version of a 'helpful reply'.
HKA
x
Well, frankly, that is your loss.

Lets look at all the responses in The Daddy's 2 threads. I reckon that the most helpful response (albeit in an abrupt manner) has come from Timber Floor Au.

And I also reckon that several others (won't mention any names) have given some very pointless, unhelpful replies!

myself included....
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markallwood
Well, frankly, that is your loss.

Lets look at all the responses in The Daddy's 2 threads. I reckon that the most helpful response (albeit in an abrupt manner) has come from Timber Floor Au.

And I also reckon that several others (won't mention any names) have given some very pointless, unhelpful replies!

myself included....
Yeah, sorry. I stand corrected. The irony of that was kind of lost on me at the time.
But, I suppose I am making things worse by simultaneously apologising and making an additional unhelpful response.
HKA
x
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:51 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

But, I suppose I am making things worse by simultaneously apologising and making an additional unhelpful response.
HKA
x
Me too !!

just ignore me, I've had a few beers and I'm rambling....

have a good one HKA!
Mark
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi The Daddy
You could have a look at

www.ourbrisbane.com.au
www.seek.com.au
www.realestate.com.au

If you have not done so already.

As for the funds, it all depends on what you intend on doing. I know some people who have gone with just 2 months wages and are still managing very well after a couple of years (not that they did not struggle along the way).
We are not taking a fortune, but we will make do with what we have and will make a good go of things. We would rather be skint in Oz than in the UK.
Good luck.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:42 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

You know...
HKA
x

Nothing personal but it doesn't help matters when the OP posts exactly the same thread on two forums requesting info on two of the most poplular destinations in Qld, of which there would be thousands of threads or replies. It does get annoying and tedious sometimes to be asked the same question on these popular subjects time after time, especially if the same question, abliet in different forms, appears multiple times a day by multiple posters. It's then quicker to to say "do a search", rather than have to repeat yourself several times over.

Last edited by The Bloke; Feb 9th 2008 at 8:49 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

$22ish an hour is the award wage.

Gyprock

As much as you can, emigrating empties the wallet like nothing else
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
How is 3 words classed as Unhelpful?

I typed Click Search Above ! whats unhelpful about that?

The Original OP:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post

1st question brisbane or sunshine coast ?
2nd plastering websites,jobs,wages,types and techniques ?
3rd what funds to take ?

British expats has a fantastic search facility, and I hasten to add , I nearly always adopt the "If I can help I will help attitude ! "

So not to derail this superb thread into further chaos.

1. plastering here is dry lined, sheet work.
2. one fella installs the gyproc, a second guy tapes and spots the fixings.
3. all gyproc sheeting in QLD is glued to studs.
4. I would plumb for brisbane over sunshine coast for work.
5. wages generally in the trade, are about 200-400 per day for a good tradie, dependant on experience.
6. no wet work plastering here, no brown and skim... or dot n dab, or dryline n 2 coat skim.
7. bare minimum of funds... well that I cannot answer ( dont know how sorry )
8. use the search facility above for more information.

The reason I say this, is most HELPFUL ppl would also do the same, and try to point you to pertinent information. Therefore it makes sense that i you require specific information, then you spend your time wisely, refining your search criteria.

IS that any more helpful, or less so... who knows.

Ste
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:51 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
How is 3 words classed as Unhelpful?

I typed Click Search Above ! whats unhelpful about that?

The Original OP:

1st question brisbane or sunshine coast ?
2nd plastering websites,jobs,wages,types and techniques ?
3rd what funds to take ?

British expats has a fantastic search facility, and I hasten to add , I nearly always adopt the "If I can help I will help attitude ! "

So not to derail this superb thread into further chaos.

1. plastering here is dry lined, sheet work.
2. one fella installs the gyproc, a second guy tapes and spots the fixings.
3. all gyproc sheeting in QLD is glued to studs.
4. I would plumb for brisbane over sunshine coast for work.
5. wages generally in the trade, are about 200-400 per day for a good tradie, dependant on experience.
6. no wet work plastering here, no brown and skim... or dot n dab, or dryline n 2 coat skim.
7. bare minimum of funds... well that I cannot answer ( dont know how sorry )
8. use the search facility above for more information.

The reason I say this, is most HELPFUL ppl would also do the same, and try to point you to pertinent information. Therefore it makes sense that i you require specific information, then you spend your time wisely, refining your search criteria.

IS that any more helpful, or less so... who knows.

Ste
Not bad....GRAMPS...for a first time effort.....
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Not bad....GRAMPS...for a first time effort.....
GRUMPS i can handle but gramps pmsl !!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You know...
HKA
x
You've obviously not searched the forum very well If there's someone you want to ignore, simply click on their profile and then click on the 'Add whoever to Your Ignore List

I would hope that your comment about not posting because of some replies was not serious, also if you do have issues with someone's replies there is always the report function which is the ! at the bottom left of the post. All moderators get the report and we can do something about it, keeping quiet and not posting because you don't like a reply doesn't help the forum move forwards and the mods cannot read every single post in every single thread.

Timber can be an arse but he's also a very helpful arse - most of the time
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

TheDaddy will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that helpful reply timber, if a moderator can clean this bump-fest of a topic, i'd be greatful, cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.