Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Info needed !Any expats living in cairns or near by ?

Info needed !Any expats living in cairns or near by ?

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:22 pm
Banned

magicpixi will become famous soon enough
Default Info needed !Any expats living in cairns or near by ?

Hi everyone on the expats oz forum , I am new to all this and wondered if anyone is kind enough to give me some insight into moving and living in cairns the pros the cons,we are a young family and OH is a plumber, he is multi-skilled and getting in on a trade application well hopefully getting in
Been to Brisbane but not Cairns, I am drawn to Cairns for the tropical climate beaches, been to western india and loved it , but couldnt live there due to not being able to earn the income, would if I could though, cairns looks like the place we would like to go, but unsure weather to choose gold coast or cairns,???. beaches in cairns looks like paradise, I am aware that things will be different and am up for the challenge !!, I am aware there will be down pores etc but oh hey cant have everything ........any advise appreciated
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

expom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Info needed !Any expats living in cairns or near by ?

Hello Pixi,
Well we don't live there yet but have visited and loved it. Plenty of posts on here about Cairns already if you run a search, "Cairns it is " is very encouraging ! We are moving over there in September with two boys, 3 and 1 so will stay in touch and let you know how it goes.
A
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:26 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magicpixi
Hi everyone on the expats oz forum , I am new to all this and wondered if anyone is kind enough to give me some insight into moving and living in cairns the pros the cons,we are a young family and OH is a plumber, he is multi-skilled and getting in on a trade application well hopefully getting in
Been to Brisbane but not Cairns, I am drawn to Cairns for the tropical climate beaches, been to western india and loved it , but couldnt live there due to not being able to earn the income, would if I could though, cairns looks like the place we would like to go, but unsure weather to choose gold coast or cairns,???. beaches in cairns looks like paradise, I am aware that things will be different and am up for the challenge !!, I am aware there will be down pores etc but oh hey cant have everything ........any advise appreciated

morning you may get more intrest later as its only 5.25 am at the moment
so bump your post in a couple or three hours

did i say bump ???

no no thats not allowed

just reply to me later then

ps i`d say the gold coast but then i`m biast

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962

Last edited by steve`o; Jun 2nd 2007 at 7:29 pm. Reason: added a bit more
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:43 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

Just incase you haven't found them, Try the links below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451735

and

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446656

ps: Don't tell anyone else about the place. I don't want the house prices shooting up anymore, until after we have arrived.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:31 pm
Banned

Thankyou so much for all your help, I looked up the posts wow......looks stunning.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by expom
Hello Pixi,
Well we don't live there yet but have visited and loved it. Plenty of posts on here about Cairns already if you run a search, "Cairns it is " is very encouraging ! We are moving over there in September with two boys, 3 and 1 so will stay in touch and let you know how it goes.
A
Please keep in touch and let me know how its all going.I wish we could go in september
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steve`o
morning you may get more intrest later as its only 5.25 am at the moment
so bump your post in a couple or three hours

did i say bump ???

no no thats not allowed

just reply to me later then

ps i`d say the gold coast but then i`m biast

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962
Thanks steve 'o hope I didnt keep you up!Thanks for the info
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Nigel Martyn graced the hallowed St.Blaise turf.

How could you wish to leave such a place ?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
Nigel Martyn graced the hallowed St.Blaise turf.

How could you wish to leave such a place ?
hot weather !!!, lots of reasons .new start.....you tell me why I should leave good ol britain sell cairns to me please
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

hot weather !!!, lots of reasons .new start.....you tell me why I should leave good ol britain sell cairns to me please
Well, from top of me ead I'll scribble a few things ere fer yea:-

We got tropical beaches with coconuts, ot sand, and warm water....and we get the sun which you wunt be used to and room to move without kicking sand in some ol dears sandwiches.
We got the most breathtaking scenery you'll ever see with fantastic wildlife to go with it.
We got peace and tranquility that's a far cry from the rawd leading to the Eden Project.
We got walks like you never seen afor.
We got shopping that is the opposite to St Ozel Shopping centres all over the place for the convenience of the people.
We got a laid back friendly place that's excellent for bringing up kids. Lot's of free entertainment, playgrounds / parks / BBQs......very family orientated.
We got sports and activities galore that'll shame the runnin track of Par.
We got ubble bubble if you fancy a night out at a club, pub or restuarant. They say you can eat at a different place every day of the year before you cover them all. Eat yer heart out Fourlords
We got a cinema, and another, and another.
We got oodles of places to go all within a short distance of Cairns.
We got good schools that build character as well as brains.
We got space.....and more some.

Yea wunt need no raincoats ere even though it isses with rain cos yea dry off quickly.
Tis grand wearin shorts and T shirts all year round.

Me ansome I would azard a guess we got nuff to satisfy you and yours and more besides.....and with warmth.
Tis eaven to a janner.

But yea wunt find a decent pasty or safron bun so ave to make yer own.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:26 pm
Banned

Fab thanks bix me o er am comin over...... leavin o er a st blazey behind!...........any down points ? ......No......me didn't think so !any jobs up there for me hubby plumber /carpenter ??Do you recon it's better than the o er gold coast oh er ......me don't care for the cornish pasties hehhe when I can have warm sunny weather stunning senery lots for the kids I can't wait. Thanks bix I think you is sold it to me , we will be gate crashing cairns.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis grand wearin shorts and T shirts all year round.
Bix,
You bragging about getting dressed up aaaaaaagain???

WW
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=steve`o;4864504]morning you may get more intrest later as its only 5.25 am at the moment

It must be good to be up and about so early, but why
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Fab thanks bix me o er am comin over...... leavin o er a st blazey behind!...........any down points ? ......No......me didn't think so !any jobs up there for me hubby plumber /carpenter ??Do you recon it's better than the o er gold coast oh er ......me don't care for the cornish pasties hehhe when I can have warm sunny weather stunning senery lots for the kids I can't wait. Thanks bix I think you is sold it to me , we will be gate crashing cairns.
There's always downsides.....but many are specific to individuals.....as are the upsides. But it's a positive nature and optomism that helps you get through any negatives

As I speak they'd bite yer 'and off for another plumber or carpenter.....provided you sort any licencing requirements.
But even without a full licence you can earn a crust until you do get them.

One other thing you will miss in Cairns is dogshite. I hated the golden streets of St.Ozel.....depending what the dogs had been eating of course

Only visited the GC once so can't comment on it other than as a brief holidaymaker which isn't really valid. From a holiday perspective I
preferred the Southside but that may be cos I'm an old fart.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Bix,
You bragging about getting dressed up aaaaaaagain???

WW
Just conforming to society WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.