Reload this Page >

Info on adelaide

Info on adelaide

Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

zedlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on adelaide

hi

were in the process of looking at places in aus, considering adelaide as a possible. Any info on areas to look at and if adelaide. Is it a good location for a family, we have two boys 1 and 3 at the moment. So areas with good schools and parks would be places we would go for
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

MRG175 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info on adelaide

Hi there, a lot of people seem to be heading to Adelaide this year. If you do a search you should come up with loads of information.

Mrs G
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a good thread on Adelaide to get you started

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504349
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hiya - we are also planning to live in Adelaide when we migrate sometime this year (am getting fed up with the wait though!)

I know there have been lots of posts about Adelaide and reading through them can be confusing when trying to pick an area to plan to move to (especially as we've never been and won't either til we get there!).

So....and sorry to hijack this post........I know this has already probably been done before but - for those of you who are familiar with Adelaide or who already live there....

If you want to be not too far from the centre (for work purposes - OH is a carpenter joiner), within a few miles to the beach, and in a pleasant area with a few shops - ie. not too quiet but not too hectic, where would you suggest. Or where would you definately recommend avoiding!

Thanks
Rachel
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thehowarths
Hiya - we are also planning to live in Adelaide when we migrate sometime this year (am getting fed up with the wait though!)

I know there have been lots of posts about Adelaide and reading through them can be confusing when trying to pick an area to plan to move to (especially as we've never been and won't either til we get there!).

So....and sorry to hijack this post........I know this has already probably been done before but - for those of you who are familiar with Adelaide or who already live there....

If you want to be not too far from the centre (for work purposes - OH is a carpenter joiner), within a few miles to the beach, and in a pleasant area with a few shops - ie. not too quiet but not too hectic, where would you suggest. Or where would you definately recommend avoiding!

Thanks
Rachel

As a carpenter you wouldn't need to be near to the centre as that is the Central Business District (CBD), where the offices etc are.

Anywhere should be OK if he's wanting to work in construction and if he's wanting industry (ie cabinetmaker or something) then he would probably be better looking North.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:02 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MRG175
Hi there, a lot of people seem to be heading to Adelaide this year. If you do a search you should come up with loads of information.

Mrs G
Well said Mrs G, driving me nuts people keep asking the SAME question time and time again!! If you put Adelaide in the search all the threads will come up and will save us answering the same questions over and over and over!!

Right rant over off to bed!!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Verndownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zedlee
hi

were in the process of looking at places in aus, considering adelaide as a possible. Any info on areas to look at and if adelaide. Is it a good location for a family, we have two boys 1 and 3 at the moment. So areas with good schools and parks would be places we would go for
Adelaidebrits is a good site with loads of FAQ's and they mainly Adelaide bound on there.

We are also thinking of Adelaide for the quiet family life, the med type weather instead of the tropical, the cheap house prices, so on.

Tracey
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've been busy doing some info on Adelaide Suburbs here: http://www.ozburbs.com/burbs/node/18

They're not all on there yet (I can only type so fast ) so you'll have to keep checking back for more
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Thats fab Wendy - did I mention that I love you...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice

Sham

As I'm sure you can see - there are always New members (as are my Family & I) and we are all new to this - so obviously it's a whole new world for us! So naturally all of us are going to be asking these questions.

Where you not once in the same boat as us?

It is not done to irritate you - it's a matter of we are all just trying to find out about life in Australia - and just doing our research. Thought thats what these forums where for - for people to find out info about Immigrating?!?

Sorry our questions/posts irritate you

NB* Wendy - Tx so much for all the friendly advice you have given us on the different threads/questions we have posted

Last edited by Devonfamily; Jan 15th 2008 at 8:10 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Thats fab Wendy - did I mention that I love you...
Not sure about that beer now

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Wendy - Tx so much for all the friendly advice you have given us on the different threads/questions we have posted
No problem
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Roo1 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I came to live in Adelaide in April 07. Even though I'd been here 7 years ago, things sure change!! Suburbs which I thought I'd like to live in, suddenly look so different and I guess I've changed too. Now I have a 5 year old and a husband who works in the city we needed a surburb with good train links and good schools. We also wanted to be by the sea, as that was our Aussie dream!
Hallett Cove is where we have put down our foundations and I can see myself living here for many years.
The best thing to do is come to Adelaide for a reccie or if thats not an option, spend sometime when you get here touring round and getting a feel for the different suburbs.
Good luck to all coming over.
Judi x
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Sham

As I'm sure you can see - there are always New members (as are my Family & I) and we are all new to this - so obviously it's a whole new world for us! So naturally all of us are going to be asking these questions.

Where you not once in the same boat as us?

It is not done to irritate you - it's a matter of we are all just trying to find out about life in Australia - and just doing our research. Thought thats what these forums where for - for people to find out info about Immigrating?!?

Sorry our questions/posts irritate you

NB* Wendy - Tx so much for all the friendly advice you have given us on the different threads/questions we have posted
I didn't mean to start anything here, I was just wanting to say to you that a lot of posts have been put on here recently about Adelaide. I want to go there too and I know I have found a lot of useful info from using the search.

Mrs G (who was signed in as the OH, oops!)
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for your advice - and thanks Devonfamily for your comment too (I was a bit put off by a certain post on this thread - thought i'd keep quiet though as i'm quite new to this forum - i'll be braver next time!)

My OH and I decide on 3 or 4 areas to focus on as a result of some comments but then do a bit of research and find loads of negative points about them! Its a gamble when you go to somewhere completely new and have to settle and find work in a relatively short space of time - a reccie would be good but I'm not sure we'd find out enough about the place(s) to know if we'd want to live long term there - and we need to save every penny for the move!

Thanks guys - just want to repeat that this site is really helpful and keeping us motivated - now where is our bl**dy case officer!!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by thehowarths
Thanks everyone for your advice - and thanks Devonfamily for your comment too (I was a bit put off by a certain post on this thread - thought i'd keep quiet though as i'm quite new to this forum - i'll be braver next time!)

My OH and I decide on 3 or 4 areas to focus on as a result of some comments but then do a bit of research and find loads of negative points about them! Its a gamble when you go to somewhere completely new and have to settle and find work in a relatively short space of time - a reccie would be good but I'm not sure we'd find out enough about the place(s) to know if we'd want to live long term there - and we need to save every penny for the move!

Thanks guys - just want to repeat that this site is really helpful and keeping us motivated - now where is our bl**dy case officer!!
The best thing to do is to rent until you are sure where you want to be. You'll probably know within 6 months of getting here where that is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.