info about SA

Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:33 am
Just Joined

daggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile info about SA

Hello everyone,
Forgive me if this has been asked previously, but I would like some info about conditions and areas of South Australia. We are looking at possible migration for my family and have found out a lot about visas etc. What I am interested in is opinions about life in SA. Just to give you some background, my wife is a nurse and I am a gas technician. I will be getting air conditioning qualifications before we would leave the UK and it appears SA desperately require nurses.
I would appreciate any info on where you consider a good area to live. I have been looking at real estate websites and have a fair idea about property costs, but that doesn't tell me everything.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:43 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: info about SA

Originally Posted by daggy
Hello everyone,
Forgive me if this has been asked previously, but I would like some info about conditions and areas of South Australia. We are looking at possible migration for my family and have found out a lot about visas etc. What I am interested in is opinions about life in SA. Just to give you some background, my wife is a nurse and I am a gas technician. I will be getting air conditioning qualifications before we would leave the UK and it appears SA desperately require nurses.
I would appreciate any info on where you consider a good area to live. I have been looking at real estate websites and have a fair idea about property costs, but that doesn't tell me everything.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi

There is a forum dedicated to people in Adelaide, and you would be better off looking there!! Here is the link.... http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:49 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

The GoMatilda forums also have a section dedicated to Adelaide.

I have also sent off to the SA tourist offices for free packs of info:

http://www.southaustralia.com/brochures.asp

If you go to any of the Expos you will find a SA government stand with loads of bumph too as they are having a big recruitment push at the moment
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:37 am
Just Joined

daggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the prompt replies, much appreciated.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by daggy
Thanks for the prompt replies, much appreciated.
Hi
Good luck with your application and hope all goes well
We've been here for just over two months (here being Adelaide) and really happy.
Would highly suggest you look at the adealaidebrits website as we have found it to be the most helpful and positive site on here. Lots of great realistic people who are always willing to help out. A lot more friendly than certain other sites!
Any questions you can think of , please feel free to pm me
We currently live in Hallett Cove (about 20-30 mins south of Adelaide) - beautiful, scenic, VERY quiet (I know several of the other adelaidebrits live here and like it) Very good transport links to Adelaide and close to shops in our local mall and to Colonnades shopping centre. Even more beautiful beaches in Noarlunga area - stunning!!!
If you do settle on an area you would like to live in let us know and we'll use our knowledge to help if we can
Susan

Last edited by sunny_samantha; Nov 4th 2004 at 11:58 am.