Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Induction- Any Suggestions?

Induction- Any Suggestions?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default Induction- Any Suggestions?

Now i am 39 weeks pregnant and feeling very hacked off with the whole thing, i wondered if anyone has any suggestions for trying to tempt the little screamer out? Please bear in mind that i am the size of a small shed, well ok maybe a large shed, i am also suffering from a condition called symphisis pubis disfunction (i have no idea how to spell it) which means that its vistually impossible to walk any distance, get in and out of the car, roll over in bed etc........it is a fab excuse not to have to do any of the boring old jobs though.

So i just wandered if anyone had heard of any suggestions that i could try?

Lynn
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

A quick jog (forget the pubic pain, lets face it, you've got more ot come )
A red hot curry, with a bit of gin then a lot of the other with Juan, that should do it
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

WOW!!..you are the second person i have found who has had that whilst preggers...i never knew anyone else who had it in UK..i suffered badly with it on my first pregnancy Lynne...my advice is take all the apin relief you can get...i had an epidural first time round, but on hte second one i was a bit of a guinea pig for a consultant doing research into it, and therefore (very stupidly) offered to give birth with no pain rleief so they could monitor how i was feeling and the pain caused by the dysfunction.
NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you well and just take all thehelp they offer.

One of hte new friends i have made in Aldeiade also had the same thing
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Stop whinging woman, anyone would think you were pregnant or something. Just get those snap on gloves ready.....

Midwife Curtis
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:50 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default me too!!!!!!!!!

I first had this when carrying my second child....... brought on by falling at 7 months....... it happened at bognor...... bright spark thought she could run in a race and i fell.......

I was in terrible pain........ i was in a wheelechair the whole week.... in the chalet i had to shuffle using the back ov a chair like a zimmer frame...... and getting dressed below the waiste was a nightmare......not to mention having to be aided to the loo!!!!!!

I fully syp with what ure going through the pain in the pubic area when u try and lift ure legs is tear jerking......and when u try n roll over its like summut clicks........

As a result my further 3 pregnancies had the same sypmtons......all due to the softening ov the pubis.....causing a slight gap......

Duringh the labour itself in all my kids.....all i had was laffing gas.....i had no probs at all...... and as soon as you have delivered ure condition will go....... i promise!!!!!!!

Regarding going into labour.......... Have sex......... there is summut in the baby juice that stimulates the cervix to start u off........ this is what me and andy did......n it works!!!!!!

love boomie
xx xx

Last edited by Boomie; Feb 12th 2004 at 5:53 am.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Regarding going into labour.......... Have sex......... there is summut in the baby juice that stimulates the cervix to start u off........ this is what me and andy did......n it works!!!!!!

========================

Best get the turkey baster out then chuck!! One with a looooong handle
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:58 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by DianeOZ

========================

Best get the turkey baster out then chuck!! One with a looooong handle

pmsl

love boomie
xx
Old Feb 12th 2004, 6:05 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with good hot curry and sex, try tomorrow it's a Friday night after all! Throw in a few lagers for the husband.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

All the stuff the others said sex(I think you have to make sure you have an orgasm to start it off - tell him that anyway! ), gin, jogging, curries etc also raspberry leaf is supposed to help, you get it in tablet form from a health food shop,but I'm afraid I tried all the above, in copious amounts and non of it worked - they just come out when theyre ready, I'm afraid, I was a couple of days early with my first and a couple of days late with my second. good luck

PS podgy - I had it too with my second pregnancy!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lynn
You are 4 weeks ahead of me ! I know everyone says have a very hot curry but, um, this worries me a bit? (Someone must know what I mean......)

About this raspberry leaf stuff.....Noodle recommended this to me so I bought some raspberry leaf tea this week - are tablets a better option?

Does the PSD get worse as you get closer? I am struggling to walk sometimes cos of the pain- if I do I have to take tiny, tiny steps. Same thing with rolling over in bed.

Good luck Lynn, enjoy tonight, keep us posted (about the baby not the sex, that is)

HP
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

hiya Lynne - poor you!
I was advised strongly NOT to take stuff like castor oil etc. or stuff that gives you the $hit$ as it can dehydrate you, which makes for a harder labour.
I will try to find a good link as I found a good web site when preggers and there's bound to be someone with a good answer relevant to the pubis thingy wot...
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

found one - the info is right at the bottom
ttp://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/546492.html
hope this helps!!!
If you can maybe go down on all fours... that gets babe into a good position and they recommend this position in labour. I delivered my 2nd this way, but I haven't had your condition so don't know if it would suit you. Good luck!!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:09 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Opps Women troubles :scared:
I,m off
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:15 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I tried everything to shoe-horn my daughter out....she was 9 days late....cow You name it from curries to red wine to sex to castor oil (larissa it did nothing but make me want to heave!! eww I can still taste it now 8 years on)....hey I was desperate and the size of a hot air balloon! I had 5 cervical sweeps in the space of 7 days(at least I think thats what they call 'em) .....you know rubber glove job and your gp/midwife does their James Herriot bit. But alas nothing... In the end the consultant in hospital started it all off with his crotchet hook :scared: , burst my waters and she arrived 3 hours later.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Bloodthell I really feel for you, especially as you are carrying all the way through the summer.
I cant help with any ideas as to bringing the bugger along.
I tried it all, my first was due 01/08/87 (remember it like it was yesterday!). I tried the lot to `start`, long walks, castor oil, (yuk), driving down very bumpy roads, even bloody sex!!
I was finally induced on 26/08/87, and still the bugger refused to budge. Induced again at 7am on 27/08/87, he finally emerged, (dragged by forceps) at 10pm that night.

Sorry, cant help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.