Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Indians Discrimination In Melbourne

Indians Discrimination In Melbourne

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:12 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indians Discrimination In Melbourne

Originally Posted by inno
AUSTRALIA is a country of immigrants.No one ,i say no one should say others are immigrants excepts the Arborigians.THE TRUTH HURTS BUT IT THE truth.
Blunt warning here, I left Belfast to avoid people quoting bollox from eons ago.

Truth doesn't hurt at all. In fact lets take a look at other countries.
  • Britain was invaded by the Normans who where never removed
  • Shaka Zulu invaded a huge expanse of southern african land and removed several tribes who never got there land back.
The above issues are not black and white so no one gives a toss.

The TRUTH is history proves until you have the ability to defend your living area it is open to annexation by others. The white population that came to Australia was an invading force the aborigines did not stop them . Thanks to the widespread supply of weapons and nation alliances these events no longer happen. Without huge amount of effort eg Iraq

There is no way back for that and dwelling on it does not move you forward but don't let me stop you spouting that b*ll*x off though. Because there are several aussies of that same opinion but not many ask to be sent back to the UK.

As Australia is a diplomatic country the Asians outnumber the aborigines so in fact now have a bigger say in Australia's future.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

inno will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by IndieG
I don't think there are any "short cuts" to immigration to Australia and most certainly "pointless education courses" does not get you a PR.

INDIAN preffessionals are all over the world.India and China produces some of the best graduates in the world.I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU CALL IT POINTLESS EDUCATION.When i was at Oxford ,Most of my lectures were from Indian and Africa.Is there education pointless,yet they teach PHD students.I smell a rat on this forum.

Next time when you fall ill ,i can assure you,you will be attended by a doctor from India .

iF YOU HAVE AN elderly relative in Australia,uk, or usa YOU WILL APPRECIATE the role played by foreigners in hospitals and care homes.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU WRITE

Australia needs people .It is a country of immigrations.Read he history of Australia and know who are the original Australians and see were you are yourself

Last edited by inno; Feb 22nd 2009 at 5:15 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

INDIAN preffessionals are all over the world.India and China produces some of the best graduates in the world.I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU CALL IT POINTLESS EDUCATION.When i was at Oxford ,Most of my lectures were from Indian and Africa.Is there education pointless,yet they teach PHD students.I smell a rat on this forum.

Next time when you fall ill ,i can assure you,you will be attended by a doctor from India .

iF YOU HAVE AN elderly relative in Australia,uk, or usa YOU WILL APPRECIATE the role played by foreigners in hospitals and care homes.

Australia needs people .It is a country of immigrations.Read he history of Australia and know who are the original Australians and see were you are yourself
please answer me a question,Why does India recieve millions of dollars of aid every year from western countries.Yet it has a space program and it has spent millions of dollars developing nuclear weapons.still a vast majority of its population live in extreme poverty.Wouldnt it be better to send its nurses over to the west to be trained,then return to india to help build its own country ,rather than making a quick buck in AUS.This would be far better than all india's health proffessionals turning there back on where they are needed most.This comment is not meant to cause any argument,but it would be interesting to have a reply from an indian migrant
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

From an employment viewpoint, Indian professionals in my sector were valued frankly as cheap labour. Now we have the downturn they were the first to go.
A few question marks reference communication skills.

Great people though! Lunch time the best.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

cdnexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catch
please answer me a question,Why does India recieve millions of dollars of aid every year from western countries.Yet it has a space program and it has spent millions of dollars developing nuclear weapons.still a vast majority of its population live in extreme poverty.Wouldnt it be better to send its nurses over to the west to be trained,then return to india to help build its own country ,rather than making a quick buck in AUS.This would be far better than all india's health proffessionals turning there back on where they are needed most.This comment is not meant to cause any argument,but it would be interesting to have a reply from an indian migrant
I think part of the problem is a lack of opportunities. In India there is currently a huge oversupply of professionals and a lack of jobs for them. Many of the call centre workers are Engineers/Doctors who couldn't get jobs in their fields and so do call centre work, because it beats being unemployed.

In Australia, there is not only a shortage of skilled labour but most professional occupations are highly regulated (usually by their own members) making outsiders jump through hoops, or restricting the number of new graduates in a year. I don't think this is really much different then other Western countries.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:07 am

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I think the short cut comment was simply due to the amount of indians and other nationalities including several BE posters from the UK. Who apply to study in Australia merely as a means to being able to stay. Several study in the UK with an intention first being to migrate.

No offence was intended I think ...
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
I think the short cut comment was simply due to the amount of indians and other nationalities including several BE posters from the UK. Who apply to study in Australia merely as a means to being able to stay. Several study in the UK with an intention first being to migrate.

No offence was intended I think ...
Yes, it's a fairly common legal 'scam' and I think recently the government has made moves to crack down on this. Many Asians (Chinese/SE Asian) also have been using this route.

And when I say pointless, I'm talking about the endless English, Marketing, Business, Advertising etc course run by private colleges that don't really seem to produce well recognized or useful degrees. Hairdressing and cookery courses were particularly popular.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-25918,00.html
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cdnexpat
I think part of the problem is a lack of opportunities. In India there is currently a huge oversupply of professionals and a lack of jobs for them. Many of the call centre workers are Engineers/Doctors who couldn't get jobs in their fields and so do call centre work, because it beats being unemployed.

In Australia, there is not only a shortage of skilled labour but most professional occupations are highly regulated (usually by their own members) making outsiders jump through hoops, or restricting the number of new graduates in a year. I don't think this is really much different then other Western countries.
Valid point,just pisses me off to see on "Kenny The Plumber "in india young girls having to clear human excrement with there hands,cause there is no sanitation.At the same time corrupt leaders fleece the wesrtern world,and waste money,the country will get no better if the "elite" leave
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by sr71
Yes, it's a fairly common legal 'scam' and I think recently the government has made moves to crack down on this. Many Asians (Chinese/SE Asian) also have been using this route.

And when I say pointless, I'm talking about the endless English, Marketing, Business, Advertising etc course run by private colleges that don't really seem to produce well recognized or useful degrees. Hairdressing and cookery courses were particularly popular.

Yes there was even a few "colleges" raided in Ireland where it was found most of the students where not in class but working in pubs and other services positions.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

cdnexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

In all fairness I think the Australian government wouldn't have put Hairdressers or Chefs on the skilled occupations list unless their was a shortage of them in Australia.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:52 am
Just Joined

themac is an unknown quantity at this point

It is ridiculous of the police to shift the onus on the Indian public - speak softly, no ipods and laptops
While I agree that you can't blame the victim of a mugging I do think that you can reduce your chance of being a victim by taking some simple steps.

It is unfortunate that you have to do so but the scum who perpetrate crime will always exist and if they happen to be targeting people with laptop bags then get a small rucksack.

How many people leave there satnav attached to the car window when in doing shopping or parked up for the night?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

inno will become famous soon enough

INDIANS GO TO OTHER COUNTRIES BECAUSES THEY WANT OPPORTUNITIES.UK is following.Companies are closing down everyday.IF IT CONTINUS THAT WAY WE ARE ALSO GOING TO HAVE A MAJOR CRISIS AND WE SHALL SEE MOST PEPLE BEGGING
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

INDIANS GO TO OTHER COUNTRIES BECAUSES THEY WANT OPPORTUNITIES.UK is following.Companies are closing down everyday.IF IT CONTINUS THAT WAY WE ARE ALSO GOING TO HAVE A MAJOR CRISIS AND WE SHALL SEE MOST PEPLE BEGGING
While I have nothing to add to this thread, I just wanted to let you know that typing with the caps lock key on could be construed as shouting, which is considered impolite. It is also very hard to read.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Then we have the experience of Indian call centres where customer service is dire, the off-shoring of Australian jobs to India and the large amount of Indian immigrants that have been coming into the country, often using pointless education courses as a shortcut to get PR.
I don't think there are any "short cuts" to immigration to Australia and most certainly "pointless education courses" does not get you a PR.
I was referring to SR's post here.

You clearly didn't understand my post. I was not having a go at Indians. So no idea what you're rambling on about. I am an Indian educated in India too
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:33 pm

We will not see most people in the UK begging I am sure most people in India are not beggars either calm yourself. Plus the caps make it look like your having a hissy fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.