Indian Food

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

sindydoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indian Food

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
No, enlighten me, I made the statement without any knowledge of what Indian food is just guess work.

CAn you tell me what Indian people eat at home?

what is Indian food? are you Indian?

As for the flag, I find the englishness about it all far too unauthentic, its like the "Cooper" family from the Kumars show trying to be English.

Funny, a st george flag in a Indian restaurants reminds you of home........

Well it isn't anything that the served up in any Indian restaurant. It is impossible to cook proper Indian food in a restaurant unless the customers were willing to wait a good few hours. As for the flay obviously we are going to disagree on that one but how are the cooper family on the kumars show trying to be English. They live in England are are surely trying to fit in just because they are Indian doesn't mean they have to dress and behave Indian all the time.
Does this mean if all the English wear thongs and have Aussie accents they are trying to be Australian or are they just adapting to the Lifestyle?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sindydoll
Well it isn't anything that the served up in any Indian restaurant. It is impossible to cook proper Indian food in a restaurant unless the customers were willing to wait a good few hours. As for the flay obviously we are going to disagree on that one but how are the cooper family on the kumars show trying to be English. They live in England are are surely trying to fit in just because they are Indian doesn't mean they have to dress and behave Indian all the time.
Does this mean if all the English wear thongs and have Aussie accents they are trying to be Australian or are they just adapting to the Lifestyle?
weird, I must have watched the sketch wrong,

still think the flag is wrong though.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 2:57 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

weird, I must have watched the sketch wrong,

still think the flag is wrong though.
I say top marks to the guy - he has found a large market for his product (ex-pats looking for an 'english curry/balti) and he does everything he can think of to attract them in - ex-pats nights, staff in England shirts, Flag of St George. Ok - might not be everyones taste, some might still expect sitar music and flocked wallpaper - but give the guy his due - he certainly knows his market, and best of luck to him. Would it make the food any better or worse if the staff wore Saris and there was traditional Indian artwork on the walls?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:46 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't the Coopers off 'Goodness, Gracious Me' - anyone remember the skit they did - "going out for an English"?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:08 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Aren't the Coopers off 'Goodness, Gracious Me' - anyone remember the skit they did - "going out for an English"?
Absolute classic!
Extra bland for me please!!

Andrew
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by andrew63
Absolute classic!
Extra bland for me please!!

Andrew
That - and the constant trying to get the guys name right. Quality TV
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

As someone who has raised this topic before have a look at

India In Oz

I've would say 7 spices in Applecross (buffet Sat night $33 and half price for kids) and Maharaja on Stirling highway were pretty good.

I personally wouldn't recommend Maya Masala in Northbridge... too many 'roaches for the wife's liking.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

I say top marks to the guy - he has found a large market for his product (ex-pats looking for an 'english curry/balti) and he does everything he can think of to attract them in - ex-pats nights, staff in England shirts, Flag of St George. Ok - might not be everyones taste, some might still expect sitar music and flocked wallpaper - but give the guy his due - he certainly knows his market, and best of luck to him. Would it make the food any better or worse if the staff wore Saris and there was traditional Indian artwork on the walls?
I still dont like the flag, but you are 100% right, the marketing and balls, and the delight of seeing a good british person open a business in the Bayside is to be comended. Are they british, do they have british passports?

Modern too, but I would like too see the girls wear Saris indeed, thats more appealing than some crappy football top that should be reserved for playing football in, sorry my opionion.

Indian artwork defitenly, theres plenty of room for modern ecletic mixes, for sure.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:40 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

It's quite nice from 'The Star of India' in Easington Colliery, Co. Durham
One 'star of India' was in Austin and it still sucks
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:44 am
ABCDiamond

Modern too, but I would like too see the girls wear Saris indeed, thats more appealing than some crappy football top that should be reserved for playing football in, sorry my opionion.

Indian artwork defitenly, theres plenty of room for modern ecletic mixes, for sure.
But if they wear Saris, and have Indian artwork etc., they may get customers expecting Indian food ?

Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:47 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But if they wear Saris, and have Indian artwork etc., they may get customers expecting Indian food ?
goldcoast... theres correction..
Woman wear sarees.
Girls wear punjabis
kids wear frocks
And what they put in their hands and pams are called Mahendi or Hina
Not joking
-Bart
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Same here, having worked with Indians over the last two years, I can say the majority of what ever you call it in the UK is not what most Indians eat or would be happy with.

Its been adapted to suit the ten pint 12 o'clock england footy fan.....

afvtor a vindoloooooooooooooo, sorry if I upset you guys,

but what is the traditional indian sunday dish is, within 10 seconds of reading this, without looking it up,

answers on a post card,,,,,

I know the one in in Birkdale, is good to average, but I dont like the contradiction in terms

Aussie girls wearing England footy strips, working in a Indian, come Balti restaurant for indian/pakistani, brummy british , just toooo freaky for me....

and they have brummy accents which is no problem, but the st george flag should go....

i like my food indian, just the way it should be.

no offence to you guys, just not my scooner of xxxx
Gold Coast Blue.. your posts make me wonder, what your actually doing on this forum? ... u dont seem to like the english flag, the english style or the english culture.. to me u sound like an ozi pretending to be a pomme... this is supposed to be a website for britz.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:21 am
Just Joined

I still dont like the flag, but you are 100% right, the marketing and balls, and the delight of seeing a good british person open a business in the Bayside is to be comended. Are they british, do they have british passports?

lol @ Are they british, do they have british passports? ..
infact thats a question i asked them when i first went to spice avenue...
the cheeky waiter replied 'No were just born with brummy accents and british culture'

And if you wana see saris then maybe you should visit the restaurant on the weekend, the owners wife wears a sari... as for the other girls ive seen them wear saris on their special partys which they have every few months... dont forget their english, how many indian girls in uk wear saris ???
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coast Blue.. your posts make me wonder, what your actually doing on this forum? ... u dont seem to like the english flag, the english style or the english culture.. to me u sound like an ozi pretending to be a pomme... this is supposed to be a website for britz.
I am a pommie , you can be assured, I dont hold much respect for the england football shirt, as it resembles scenes I am not proud of like football hooliganism and such.

Maybe I shouldnt be so shallow,