Indian Food

Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:54 am
wayDownUnder

Default Indian Food

What does everyone think about the Indian restaurants in perth.

My option is they are nowhere near as tasty as back in the UK :scared:

Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:38 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Indian Food

Originally Posted by wayDownUnder

Indian Food in Australia is not the UK style Indian Food, except at our Local Indian, run by the Birmingham people A "Balti".

People eating Indian food here must get used to the Australian version, not the British version. Some say the Australian version is closer to the Indian version of Indian food

I personally prefer Indian Indian Food.

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:08 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Indian Food in Australia is not the UK style Indian Food, except at our Local Indian, run by the Birmingham people A "Balti".

People eating Indian food here must get used to the Australian version, not the British version. Some say the Australian version is closer to the Indian version of Indian food

LOL - Oh no - not the indian food debate again!! :scared: :scared:

Remember what happens when people give views on the best indians
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Same here, having worked with Indians over the last two years, I can say the majority of what ever you call it in the UK is not what most Indians eat or would be happy with.

Its been adapted to suit the ten pint 12 o'clock england footy fan.....

afvtor a vindoloooooooooooooo, sorry if I upset you guys,

but what is the traditional indian sunday dish is, within 10 seconds of reading this, without looking it up,

answers on a post card,,,,,

I know the one in in Birkdale, is good to average, but I dont like the contradiction in terms

Aussie girls wearing England footy strips, working in a Indian, come Balti restaurant for indian/pakistani, brummy british , just toooo freaky for me....

and they have brummy accents which is no problem, but the st george flag should go....

i like my food indian, just the way it should be.

no offence to you guys, just not my scooner of xxxx
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
Same here, having worked with Indians over the last two years, I can say the majority of what ever you call it in the UK is not what most Indians eat or would be happy with.

Its been adapted to suit the ten pint 12 o'clock england footy fan.....

afvtor a vindoloooooooooooooo, sorry if I upset you guys,

but what is the traditional indian sunday dish is, within 10 seconds of reading this, without looking it up,

answers on a post card,,,,,

I know the one in in Birkdale, is good to average, but I dont like the contradiction in terms

Aussie girls wearing England footy strips, working in a Indian, come Balti restaurant for indian/pakistani, brummy british , just toooo freaky for me....

and they have brummy accents which is no problem, but the st george flag should go....

i like my food indian, just the way it should be.

no offence to you guys, just not my scooner of xxxx

So which do you recommend on the Gold Coast?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lesleys
So which do you recommend on the Gold Coast?

I dont, as I get my fix authentically when I am working away for free,

but i do recommend the Polish Place on Tamborine Mountain,,,, especially on a nice warm day, the view is amazing....
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:43 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
I dont, as I get my fix authentically when I am working away for free,

but i do recommend the Polish Place on Tamborine Mountain,,,, especially on a nice warm day, the view is amazing....
I've never tried the Polish Indian version... what's it like

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:47 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by annqldau

Yep Big grins all round

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

Indeed,

I shall have to dig out my recommendations again.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:52 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Indeed,

I shall have to dig out my recommendations again.
Bix you tried Pencils restaurant in Cairns (Edge Hill)? We had a good meal there but I think it was let down by the paper napkins lol - at that sort of price for a good meal, I think I'd like a 'real' napkin
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Found it.......
Attached Thumbnails Indian Food-allyoucaneat.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:55 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Bix you tried Pencils restaurant in Cairns (Edge Hill)? We had a good meal there but I think it was let down by the paper napkins lol - at that sort of price for a good meal, I think I'd like a 'real' napkin
No I haven't.
What's the cuisine they do ?

Edge Hill is the yuppy area so you probably pay the "I can't get this mobile out me ear" prices.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Let's hijack the thread and include food from other parts of the world.............
Attached Thumbnails Indian Food-image010.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

But you can't beat a good ol BBQ can ya ?
Attached Thumbnails Indian Food-bbq.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Indian Food

Originally Posted by wayDownUnder

I can't stand Indian food, no matter who cooks it.

Give me oriental stuff every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.