India vs Australia

India vs Australia

Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: India vs Australia

Originally Posted by riteshvarma
I beg to differ!

Indians make up about 50-60% of the top tier professionals in IT. If you ever get a chance to walk into head quarters of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Intel etc you will realiase this for a fact.
We are talking about Indian IT people with no western experience. I've placed many a top Indian IT guy but they all have one thing in common. They have all got experience from outside of India. The fact is, standards and quality control in India is pretty bad.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
The fact is, standards and quality control in India is pretty bad.
Really? Guess that's probably why Infosys, WIPRO, TCS are doing so well and exporting so much poor quality software and IT services all over the world.

The fact is you are simply displaying your ignorance...
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by IndieG
Really? Guess that's probably why Infosys, WIPRO, TCS are doing so well and exporting so much poor quality software and IT services all over the world.
Infosys, WIPRO and TCS are not the best IT firms in the world. None of them have a great reputation. WIPRO and TCS especially are crap in the UK. All they do is import cheap labour from India (literarally pay them half the market rate) on sponsored visas. Cheap bodyshops.

The fact is you are displaying bias; you're not being objective. I have nothing to gain either way. I'm stating what I know from 15 years of putting IT people into jobs around the world and of all the nationalities I have placed, the majority have been Indian.

Last edited by Deancm; Apr 20th 2010 at 10:24 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Infosys, WIPRO and TCS are not the best IT firms in the world. None of them have a great reputation. WIPRO and TCS especially are crap in the UK. All they do is import cheap labour from India on sponsored visas.
Right, so they've built these multi-billion dollar empires despite being crap at quality and not having a great reputation.

Some awards for being crap at quality control then:
http://www.infosys.com/newsroom/pres...ner-award.aspx

and etc etc ......... http://www.infosys.com/about/awards/...ll-awards.aspx

And now I shall stick to what I say in my signature line......

Last edited by IndieG; Apr 20th 2010 at 10:29 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Right, so they've built these multi-billion dollar empires despite being crap at quality and not having a great reputation.
There are lots of multi-billion dollar empires out there but that doesn't they are actually good at what they do. The majority of projects WIPRO, Infosys and TCS win they win on the sole basis that they are better on price. And no wonder when they use cheap imported labour.

Some awards for being crap at quality control then:
http://www.infosys.com/newsroom/pres...ner-award.aspx

and etc etc ......... http://www.infosys.com/about/awards/...ll-awards.aspx

And now I shall stick to what I say in my signature line......
Those awards are handed out like Smarties. More a marketing exercise than for any actual merit. More of a case of if you sell our software/product for us we will give you an award.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

riteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to all

Infosys, WIPRO and TCS are not the best IT firms in the world. None of them have a great reputation. WIPRO and TCS especially are crap in the UK. All they do is import cheap labour from India (literarally pay them half the market rate) on sponsored visas. Cheap bodyshops.
I agree, but that's their business model! Some IT companies operate in high end market while some operate in a low end market. Now some of the IT tasks are so low tech, you don't need an expert and pay him twice for doing a menial task. Majority of the revenue for these IT firms comes from bottom fishing projects that other high end providers do not get into or from subcontracting from other high end providers.

I find myself in such scenarios every day. My present employer does not have the employees to keep up with the project demand and instead of recruiting employees just for a project, he subcontracts to these firms at a lower rate. Every project I have worked in has involved a similar equation and its always a trade off!

However the firms talked about above do have some high end practices Eg: Infosys bagged a 5 year deal from Microsoft to manage it's IT services in over 60 countries.

Nobody is ignorant! Everybody has a different opinion and they are entitled to it.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Everybody has a different opinion and they are entitled to it.
Exactly....and that was my opinion.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

riteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to all

And no wonder when they use cheap imported labour.
Yes the cheap imported labour is a definite basis for quoting low prices for projects, but the customers and clients know exactly what they are getting into and the same principle works in every business. You have to pay more to fly business class buddy!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:54 am
Account Closed

I agree, but that's their business model!
Exactly and they're very successful at it.

Some IT companies operate in high end market while some operate in a low end market. Now some of the IT tasks are so low tech, you don't need an expert and pay him twice for doing a menial task. Majority of the revenue for these IT firms comes from bottom fishing projects that other high end providers do not get into or from subcontracting from other high end providers.
Completely agree, again!

I find myself in such scenarios every day. My present employer does not have the employees to keep up with the project demand and instead of recruiting employees just for a project, he subcontracts to these firms at a lower rate. Every project I have worked in has involved a similar equation and its always a trade off!
I've seen this countless times as well. Many a time have I have IT Services companies/Consultancies contact me to place their guys that are sat on the bench.

However the firms talked about above do have some high end practices Eg: Infosys bagged a 5 year deal from Microsoft to manage it's IT services in over 60 countries.
It all comes down to the bottom line. For a 5 year contract I would bet they were substantially more cost effective than the EDS's (HP) and IBM's of the world. It's for the exact same reason that outsourcing to India is so popular. One things for sure, it has nothing to do with quality.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Yes the cheap imported labour is a definite basis for quoting low prices for projects, but the customers and clients know exactly what they are getting into and the same principle works in every business. You have to pay more to fly business class buddy!
WIPRO in the UK were paying their sponsored Indian Oracle Financials Consultants £35K when the going market rate (at the time) for a permanent employee of the same skill and experience level was £65K. I used to get called constantly by these guys wanting out. The biggest problem was that the majority had English language skills so poor they would never have found a position anywhere else.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

guys pls let's not digress from the main purpose of this thread
Coming back to the real issue, i think it's worth a chance to come for a validation trip and see how things look. if things work out well, then stay on, if not then coming back to the sweet home is always an option.

Me getting the tickets booked for 14th May
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozmania
Coming back to the real issue, i think it's worth a chance to come for a validation trip and see how things look. if things work out well, then stay on, if not then coming back to the sweet home is always an option.

Well it is an India vs Australia thread.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it is an India vs Australia thread.
@Deancm - that was just a marketing technique to get people get into this thread LOL!!!
anyways, i expect to get some recruitment help from you..innit? where shall i send you my resume
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:39 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozmania

India vs OZ ,doesn't seem like a hard decison to me.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:42 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by salman
I disagree with abhijeet, Australia is not paradise. You may find it a lonely planet unless you already have friends and family there. I would live in my own country if offered a good job there. You may find work quite quickly as market is picking up
Yes OZ is'nt paradise but its not a hell hole like many countries in the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.