Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Importing Race Only Car

Importing Race Only Car

Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

MoparKevUk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Importing Race Only Car

Hi ya'll. Just joined up. Searched a lot of Ex pat Ozzie stuff, but some of the posts on here made me larf out loud, so I chose here!
We are coming to Brisbane in July. I am bringing my '69 Australian Chrysler Valiant with me. As I see it I will not be able to put this on the road as it is highly modified and the new engine (nearly) in it puts out about 800hp. I use this on the street here in the UK and mainly use it going to (and hopefully from!), and racing at, Santa Pod Drag Strip and Shakespeare County Raceway. The new engine is not up and running yet, but I can get it to my shippers ok and arrange to pick it up in Oz via transporter. I was wondering if there was any advice as per importing an older car that will not be being put on the road and kept as race only (Trailered to Willowbank Raceway). Or is it the same as bringing in any car. It is RHD.
Thanks in advance for any advice, and expect to see quite a bit of me around the forums!!
Kev
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing Race Only Car

This was an excellent thread about importing a car. Don't know if any of the info would be different for your but should point you in the right direction.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link. I just knew there was a thread about it somewhere, but after signing up I was gagging to get a post up, so didn't search! Searching round the importing site I found some useful stuff. My shipper gave it all the "ok that'll be fine" stuff when they quoted, they didn't mention the forms required etc. I am phoning the shipping co tomorrow to speak to a vehicle advisor (no "as if" smiley!!). Is there a "which shippers are good thread"?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Ooops! Forgot to mention that I have emailed them about the car, the only "competition car" section was about Rally Cars I want to go fast in a straight line! Not some afternoon jaunt in the (barren) countryside!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoparKevUk
Thanks for the link. I just knew there was a thread about it somewhere, but after signing up I was gagging to get a post up, so didn't search! Searching round the importing site I found some useful stuff. My shipper gave it all the "ok that'll be fine" stuff when they quoted, they didn't mention the forms required etc. I am phoning the shipping co tomorrow to speak to a vehicle advisor (no "as if" smiley!!). Is there a "which shippers are good thread"?
There's this one which works quite well