Reload this Page >

Importing pets to Oz

Importing pets to Oz

Old Feb 19th 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Importing pets to Oz

Hi all,

I'm trying to cope with the AQIS requirements (the quarantine authority) for importings my cats to Sydney in a couple of months.

No an easy stuff as I'm planning the container loading for my things at the same time and our travel with our baby aged one...

Is there anybody who tried that before ?

Is it safe to arrive one or two weeks after my pets ? can I trust the eastern creek quarantine officer to pick them up at their arrival ?

Thanxs

Myriam
Old Feb 19th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing pets to Oz

I'm trying to cope with the AQIS requirements (the quarantine authority) for importings my cats to Sydney in a couple of months.

No an easy stuff as I'm planning the container loading for my things at the same time and our travel with our baby aged one...

Is there anybody who tried that before ?

Is it safe to arrive one or two weeks after my pets ? can I trust the eastern creek quarantine officer to pick them up at their arrival ?

Hi

If it makes you feel better, our cat moved to melbourne @ the start of this month and is now in quarantine for about a month. The whole process went very smoothly indeed. My wife went to "vist" the cat yesterday in melb and all in all its gone fine (tho' understandably a bit traumatic for the cat!).

If everything is becomming too much with the packing and everything, you could consider a cattery. We had ours there for a couple of days before we flew out (theres one fairly close to heathrow airport).

When sending the funds to AQIS by fax, please ensure the correct amount has been authorised as there was a change in the cost recently. I had to send the fax twice.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Raj,

Glad to see that your pets are fine
I had the same troubles with the AQIS fees... I sent twice the faxe as well.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a cattery near Paris airport. Anyway, there are many things to do just before they leave at the airport. Therefore, we cannot be at the departure to bring them to the official vet AND be over there to pick them up when they arrive, unless we take the Concorde...

I've been told that it is common to arrive several days after the pets, that they are collected by an officer and that our presence is of no use on their arrival. It would be much easier for us to proceed like that, but it's a bit stressful for me to send them alone over there !

Myriam