Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

importing items into australia?

importing items into australia?

Old May 26th 2003, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default importing items into australia?

was wondering if anyone could be of help in some info

when importing items into the uk from outside eu 17.5% vat is charged and also duty

I was wondering what charges australia did for importing goods into that country and what they where?

also the near by country's to australia does charges still apply for importing goods there

any info would be great as this might be something i do often if i might live there one day
Old May 26th 2003, 11:55 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Go into the immigration site they have a full page of their costs and the additional charges they make they are colosal.
I wrked out a £5 bottle of brandy bought in France will cost be £30 to import into australia They DO NOT want you to take anything in GST plus import tax plus immigration tax plus comething else?:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 26th 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally posted by yafm
Go into the immigration site they have a full page of their costs and the additional charges they make they are colosal.
I wrked out a £5 bottle of brandy bought in France will cost be £30 to import into australia They DO NOT want you to take anything in GST plus import tax plus immigration tax plus comething else?:scared: :scared: :scared:
i cannot seem to find this can you tell me where to look
Old May 26th 2003, 12:41 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I think this is the one

www.customs.gov.au

Old May 26th 2003, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice
Default Re: importing items into australia?

Originally posted by brian.w
was wondering if anyone could be of help in some info

when importing items into the uk from outside eu 17.5% vat is charged and also duty

I was wondering what charges australia did for importing goods into that country and what they where?

also the near by country's to australia does charges still apply for importing goods there

any info would be great as this might be something i do often if i might live there one day
Hi Brian I work as a customs agent in the UK (broker in Aus). You will pay duty (rate depends on the goods as per the customs tariff) on the price then add shipping costs if applicable and GST is based on total cost i.e. Invoice price + duty + transport & Ins.

hope this is of some assistance . Customs website will tell you a lot more

Regards Barry