Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Important UK->Brisbane Flight Questions

Important UK->Brisbane Flight Questions

Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Important UK->Brisbane Flight Questions

Hiya,

My flight lands at Singapore 7:40am and the follow-on flight leaves at 9:55am.

Some questions if I may:
1) How much hurry do I need to be in? Anything that could trip me up?
2) Does Terminal 2 have a smoking area and how many am I likely to get through? Also, any chance of a beer or two?

Cheers for any pointers

Matt
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important UK->Brisbane Flight Questions

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Hiya,

Some questions if I may:
2) Does Terminal 2 have a smoking area and how many am I likely to get through? Also, any chance of a beer or two?

Cheers for any pointers

Matt
You won't have to go far.You will have plenty of time.

Yes there are smoking areas.
You can always go on to the terrace Garden if you are desperate.

There are plenty of bars. Not cheap though.

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Some questions if I may:

Cheers for any pointers

Matt
My flight times were something similar to that a couple of weeks back. There's no real hurry because apart from showing your boarding card and passport as you go through 'transit', that's all you need do. I'm sure if you really fancied a beer at 740am it wouldn't be a problem - assuming the bar's open anyway.

It was a bit tighter coming back this morning though. By the time we landed in Dubai, our connection was already boarding! There was still no real rush though. Time to get a paper and bottle of water....
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
You won't have to go far.You will have plenty of time.

Yes there are smoking areas.
You can always go on to the terrace Garden if you are desperate.

There are plenty of bars. Not cheap though.

G
Cheers G ... terrace garden? Sounds splendid, I'll take own booze
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wmoore
My flight times were something similar to that a couple of weeks back. There's no real hurry because apart from showing your boarding card and passport as you go through 'transit', that's all you need do. I'm sure if you really fancied a beer at 740am it wouldn't be a problem - assuming the bar's open anyway.

It was a bit tighter coming back this morning though. By the time we landed in Dubai, our connection was already boarding! There was still no real rush though. Time to get a paper and bottle of water....
Thanks, I've heard it's a pretty painless airport to pass through ... unless you're hiding something, obviously ...
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It's next to a bar

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore is a fab airport - very easy to find your way around, and thats plenty of time for a transfer. Head upstairs for the smoking terrace, which is next to a lovely little bar area....in fact, just follow the crowd as international flights usually have a whole crowd of people heading up that way!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Singapore is a fab airport - very easy to find your way around, and thats plenty of time for a transfer. Head upstairs for the smoking terrace, which is next to a lovely little bar area....in fact, just follow the crowd as international flights usually have a whole crowd of people heading up that way!
Sounds peachy, ta
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Sounds peachy, ta
Actually it is more of a huge shopping mall than an airport.

It even has two golf shops

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
Actually it is more of a huge shopping mall than an airport.

It even has two golf shops

G
It's not an airport unless it has a Tie Rack

Golf shops are OK I guess ... the trousers are worth a laugh.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I love the fish. Has anyone seen the koi fed at Singapore airport? It's quite a sight.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Yes the smoking area had sunflower when we were there but were dieding lokked very lovely.pluse you can uses your oz money as will.
And go on the computer send emails like we did.

Ann Marie.
Mums coming in 1 week and 4 days
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:49 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Changi is a great airport!

As a smoker myself, I usually try to familiarise myself with any airport layout before I go!

Here's the link for Singapore's Changi Airport terminal maps:

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/cha...=1100558376059#
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

Hiya,

Some questions if I may:

Cheers for any pointers

Matt
Plenty of time. About half way along the shops etc is a good bar you can smoke in and have a beer or two. It'll be open by the time you get there. I can't remember what its called but it is by one of the smoking areas. Not sure its the terrace garden though - I think that's the one towards the end (opposite to Term 1) up the escalator with the Sunflowers. This latter spot has a very good shower facility next to it which is the best S$10ish that you can spend at the airport. It'll freshen you up nicely adding an extra thirst.

Alternatively go to the hotel at Term 1 (not far by skytrain thing) and they have a roof top pool, with bar and smoking is allowed.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

It's usually very warm (I mean very very warm) and humid up in the terrace garden. Probably a good practice before you land in Brissy.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.