Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Important documents

Important documents

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:21 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough
Default Important documents

Just wanted to ask a stupid question - what has everyone done with all of their important documents when shipping everything over to Oz? Should they go in the container, or in baggage on the plane, or something else? I'm thinking of things like birth certificates, insurance policies, certificates, etc that you wouldn't want to lose...

Thanks in advance...
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:25 pm
stevenpoole9

Default Re: Important documents

DO NOT SEND IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS IN THE CONTAINER.

There you go, I even shouted it. Get yourself a folder and put it all in a carry-on bag. That way you won't lose it. Plus you'll need some documents for the journey. ie driving licence, booking forms for accomodation, passports etc.

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9

There you go, I even shouted it. Get yourself a folder and put it all in a carry-on bag. That way you won't lose it. Plus you'll need some documents for the journey. ie driving licence, booking forms for accomodation, passports etc.

Should you keep in container or otherwise all the tax credit forms, and old pay slips etc. We have P60's not sure what else we should keep.
Sharon
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9

Agreed and I didn't even need to shout
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

sharkface is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely all in hand luggage, might be worth photocopying or scanning to a removable disc too any vital info to make sure!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:55 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all, that's what I thought - just wanted to check though!

What about all the other paperwork such as old payslips/contracts/tax forms that aren't so important, but are in such number you wouldn't want them as hand luggage, especially when 'carrying' two kids as well?

Sorry for all the daft questions, but getting to the shipping stage now and getting quite stressed!!! Far too much to think about now!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

We're taking all important documents with us as hand luggage (marriage/ birth certificates, school/university diplomas, kids medical booklets, work references, driving licenses, kids school reports, negatives of photos (digital pics will be saved in laptop), latest bank statements from each bank account (so we have all bank details)..... can't think of anything else. I also photocopied everything which we will send with the container just incase. Packers come on the 13th of June. We spent the day cleaning the lawn mower and taking down all picture frames from the walls so we can fill in all the holes plus trying to keep a 3 and 6 year old entertained

Good luck with your moves!
Marina