Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IMPORTANT Bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in Melbourne

IMPORTANT Bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in Melbourne

Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:19 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default IMPORTANT Bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in Melbourne

Hi, this is the most important thread I've ever posted, does anyone know where I could lay my hands on 6 bottles of Dog (Newca(*r)stle Brown Ale) in Melbourne, preferably CBD, in the next 36 Aus ours. Not bothered about draft, (it shouldn't be available on draft anyway but thats another argument), just bottles please.

All valuble contributions gratefully received. And if anyone genuinely knows, then we should meet up for a beer at some time coz your probably a p1sshead like me and the person the beer is intented for.

Thank you expat Melburnians

* the 'r' is there for southerners who can't pronounce Newcastle properly
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMPORTANT Bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in Melbourne

Originally Posted by baconmaster

Southerners insist on calling draft beer, draught beer too!

Good luck with your search for the amber(ish) nectar.

OzTennis
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, this is the most important thread I've ever posted, does anyone know where I could lay my hands on 6 bottles of Dog (Newca(*r)stle Brown Ale) in Melbourne, preferably CBD, in the next 36 Aus ours. Not bothered about draft, (it shouldn't be available on draft anyway but thats another argument), just bottles please.

All valuble contributions gratefully received. And if anyone genuinely knows, then we should meet up for a beer at some time coz your probably a p1sshead like me and the person the beer is intented for.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen Newkie Brown in the Irish Times. WIll check at work tomorrow.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:07 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Have you tried Dan Murphy's ?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:38 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

They sell them in my local offie in Williamstown....or at least, they did the last time I looked. When do you need them? I sense a genuine need
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater
They sell them in my local offie in Williamstown....or at least, they did the last time I looked. When do you need them? I sense a genuine need
Which one is that fireeater? (I'm from W'town)

OzTennis
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:46 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Which one is that fireeater? (I'm from W'town)

OzTennis
On Ferguson, opposite side of the road from Strand restaurant....sorry, can't remember it's name
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On Ferguson, opposite side of the road from Strand restaurant....sorry, can't remember it's name
Gotcha, used to be next door to a grotty supermarket which was knocked down and converted into designer shops and flats above; a few doors from the noodle shop and the 2 Chinese restaurants. Have they started building on the old garage site across the road? (we were over in Aug) It was meant to be a David Jones food shop.

OzTennis
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:53 am

Gotcha, used to be next door to a grotty supermarket which was knocked down and converted into designer shops and flats above; a few doors from the noodle shop and the 2 Chinese restaurants. Have they started building on the old garage site across the road? (we were over in Aug) It was meant to be a David Jones food shop.

OzTennis
Nahhhhhh
Boards are up, but nothing is happening. It's been like that since I got here in March

Yep, you've painted a perfect picture of Ferguson...thhat's the offie
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nahhhhhh
Boards are up, but nothing is happening. It's been like that since I got here in March

Yep, you've painted a perfect picture of Ferguson...thhat's the offie
Our place (that we will return to) is around the corner and along the Strand past the Anchorage restaurant and the new marina under construction.

OzTennis
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:56 am

Our place (that we will return to) is around the corner and along the Strand past the Anchorage restaurant and the new marina under construction.

OzTennis
New marina looks pretty complete now
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

New marina looks pretty complete now
Interesting, this is what is was like early Aug after they had put the piles and a few other things in.

Sorry, a bit off thread OP but the Brown Ale is around the corner from here!

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails IMPORTANT Bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale in Melbourne-pict0864.jpg  
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:58 pm

Interesting, this is what is was like early Aug after they had put the piles and a few other things in.

Sorry, a bit off thread OP but the Brown Ale is around the corner from here!

OzTennis
I remember...there's now loads of shiny white boats tied to the posts. I think they might still be doing some work on land. I'll get Cas to post a pic for you over the weekend
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I remember...there's now loads of shiny white boats tied to the posts. I think they might still be doing some work on land. I'll get Cas to post a pic for you over the weekend
Thanks, I greatly appreciate that.

OzTennis
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:22 pm

Thanks, I greatly appreciate that.

OzTennis
No worries....she needs no excuse to come onto BE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.