Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Impact of Redundancy on application?????

Impact of Redundancy on application?????

Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Question Impact of Redundancy on application?????

This is my first post on the forum, I have seen lots of good advice given so I thought I would look for a little. My question is, I am currently waiting for my skills assesment to return I have been lead to believe that this should be some time before christmas. In the meantime I have just been made redundant from my job and I was wondering if any of you know wether this would have any impact upon my application for the Visa (assuming that the skills assesment is positive).

Cheers for any info you may have.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:02 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impact of Redundancy on application?????

As long as you have enough skilled/relevant experience to meet basic requirements and recent experience if you are claiming those points, you will be ok. Your experience is 'frozen' the moment you application is lodged with DIMIA.

Good luck with finding another job to tide you over.

btw, welcome to the board/mad house fellow diver
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:04 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
This is my first post on the forum, I have seen lots of good advice given so I thought I would look for a little. My question is, I am currently waiting for my skills assesment to return I have been lead to believe that this should be some time before christmas. In the meantime I have just been made redundant from my job and I was wondering if any of you know wether this would have any impact upon my application for the Visa (assuming that the skills assesment is positive).

I am no expert but I think there are rules that you need to have been in work for so many months in the last so many years so it doesn't sound like too much of an issue. I imagine the application type could make a difference. (ie are you sponsored or skilled independent). I Would set your homepage to the imm.gov site and spend many a happy hour on there digging around.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:03 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by isgraham

So sorry to hear about this. This happened to Warren six months before we came out here. He was 'made redundant' - just after his boss found out about the application to OZ mmmm

We were fine on the application as he had enough experience.

Is it posible you could set yourself up in business? this is what Warren did for the remainder of his time in the uk, made it alot more flexible. He was doing consultancy work and it mean't he was able to be upfront when he took on a new contract.

It was a relatively easy process, there are lots of Interim agencies around, pm us and in a few days when Warren gets here I'm sure he'll be happy to point you in the right direction, just bare with us, we haven't seen each other for just on 4 months!!!!!!

Good luck
Jill

Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
So sorry to hear about this. This happened to Warren six months before we came out here. He was 'made redundant' - just after his boss found out about the application to OZ mmmm

We were fine on the application as he had enough experience.

Is it posible you could set yourself up in business? this is what Warren did for the remainder of his time in the uk, made it alot more flexible. He was doing consultancy work and it mean't he was able to be upfront when he took on a new contract.

It was a relatively easy process, there are lots of Interim agencies around, pm us and in a few days when Warren gets here I'm sure he'll be happy to point you in the right direction, just bare with us, we haven't seen each other for just on 4 months!!!!!!

Good luck
Jill
Funnily enough my redundancy has come not long after I got my reference from my ex employer.

I am planning to go contracting until I know wether or not my application has been approved as I don't think there is much point in taking a permanent job when I am planning to leave the country in the next year or so.