Reload this Page >

Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat?

Is it immoral to eat kangaroo meat?

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's make a stand with Blim, hands off the Marsupial hoppers,
Can't have W.B.Billy involved though with his sheep worrying,
any sheep let loose with our hopping friends we could end up with a continent full of woolly jumpers:scared: :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:19 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

where my folks live they have to shoot the roos on their land or the council come and do it for them and charge them twice once for the cull and once for carting away the carcasses. They also have to shoot the dingo's but have never seen any in the area.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah! And a tuna wouldn't raise the alarm when you've been hit on the head by a stray branch now, would it?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:25 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Blim
Scientific research shows that <")))>< do not feel pain.
Sorry Blim but that's not correct. :lecture:
<")))>< may not have evolved a hypothalamus region of their brain to compute what higher animals perceive as pain but they do respond to damaging stimuli / actions or substances. They have elaborate systems of sensory cells around their mouths which have parallels with some mammals. They would notice (?) having a metal hook ripping all that tissue apart.

But to get back to your point....

You are right; roos are having a hard time by our hand.
The best profit / meat comes from the alpha males which endangers the socio- and biological infrastructure of the entire species.

I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but any blood sport makes me sick to my stomach.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

The Unready is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Blim
Kangaroos are different you might think this is a laughimg matter but whole kanagoroo comunitees may suffer for generations to come over just one kanagoroo being caught and eaten.
Not necessarily they would have to know that their cousine-kangaroo was eaten. We will take him away descritly pretending that he or her is going to better place now. I agree we must respect their feelings evethough we eat them.

Personaly I wouldn`t care to eat damn koala or kiwi bird !
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:24 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Somthing i will never get is why people can eat a hunk of cow once its been celophaned up, but they won't touch rabbit, because is cute.

Bunny stew is once of lifes real treats
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:27 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by <")))><
They would notice (?) having a metal hook ripping all that tissue apart.

I'm not a vegetarian by any means, but any blood sport makes me sick to my stomach.
Just out of interest, do you object to leisure anglers downunder fishing for a bit of dinner?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:28 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Somthing i will never get is why people can eat a hunk of cow once its been celophaned up, but they won't touch rabbit, because is cute.

Bunny stew is once of lifes real treats
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM washed down with a nice ale eh
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabbit stew MMMMMM
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:32 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by cresta57
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM washed down with a nice ale eh
Yep, and with a little plate to spit the shot onto
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:39 pm

Originally posted by PeteY
Yep, and with a little plate to spit the shot onto
I prefer to shoot rabbit with a rifle less chance of cracking a filling on some shot. I did a Hare stew once and it was peppered with buckshot made it hard work If I hadn't used a full bottle of red to marinade the meat I'd have given up, the gravy was excellent though.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

How's about we eat your Liver with a nice chianti.

Hannibal Lecter.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:49 pm

Originally posted by chris hogan
How's about we eat your Liver with a nice chianti.

Hannibal Lecter.
Bye the time we get there my liver will resemble George Best's old one
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:51 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Sink your teeth:

Animal activists must share roo plague blame

A Viva! Report on The Killing of Kangaroos for Meat and Skin
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:00 am
A Male Member

An alternative view?

Veggies have rights too !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.