Reload this Page >

Imminant departure

Imminant departure

Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Ruthie Roo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Imminant departure

Hi,

We are a family of six about to leave the UK, I have fourl children, one is of kindy age and one a teenager - can anyone advise about best suburbs (we need to be fairly close to the city - 12km) and schools. I'm excited but really nervous

Ruth x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Imminant departure

Originally Posted by Ruthie Roo
Hi,

We are a family of six about to leave the UK, I have fourl children, one is of kindy age and one a teenager - can anyone advise about best suburbs (we need to be fairly close to the city - 12km) and schools. I'm excited but really nervous

Ruth x

Which City?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Oops - Brisbane, Queensland.

Rx
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Hi

We are going on 25th July to Redland Bay area, South East of Brisbane. We have heard only good things about it because friends settled there last year, so we will be staying with them for a while until we get a rental.
Transpost to Brisbane CBD is good via train, about 30-40 minsfrom Cleveland.

Pure luck they settled there, and already intend to stay in the Thornlands area.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for that, we'll certainly have a look
Wish you all the very best for your move & we might see you there soon.

Ruth
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:08 am
Just Joined

alecdel is an unknown quantity at this point

When do you go Ruth? As a mother of 4 myself leaving Oct also not knowing quite where we'll end up it can be a bit stressful!?!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

We're planning to leave the UK beginning of September. So much to do - I don't know where to start. Have you been before, do have a job, how old are your children? Probably too many questions - sorry

Ruth
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

We're planning to leave the UK beginning of September. So much to do - I don't know where to start. Have you been before, do have a job, how old are your children? Probably too many questions - sorry

Ruth
Flights are booked for 23rd October - no job - yes, we've been before OH & myself spent a year travelling Oz and NZ when eldest son was only 2. The children at the moment are 11,7,5 and 4 months. I can relate to the so much to do!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Hello again,

We're hoping to leave begining of September & celebrate our wee boys birthday in Australia Zoo...

Ruth
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Hello again,

We're hoping to leave begining of September & celebrate our wee boys birthday in Australia Zoo...

Ruth
We're looking forward to a visit to Australia Zoo too. What is it with boys and dangerous animals?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Just got a call - our oldest's medical wasn't signed - so that'll be another delay... ho hum. Have you sought any financial advice regarding moving pensions etc? if so can you recommend anyone?

Ruth
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:07 pm
bev
Forum Regular

bev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Ruth x
We're moving soon aswell, 4 days!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:04 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Ruth x
Hya we are a family with 4 children 13,11,7&5, we moved out to Brisbane on 6th June this year and have settled in Lota, nr Wynnum and manly east of Brisbane, near Cleveland and Wellington point. so far so good and the area is booming with lots of new houses being built and plots of land being snapped up as its only about 25 mins trainride or 30/35 mins by car into Brisbane. We love it here and have enrolled the kids into the local schools, lots of choice and very good(state or private). Wish you luck with your move...it was the best thing we ever did.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Sounds ideal! What schools did you send your children to? Is there lots to do I'm keen to enroll our oldest in lots of clubs so she can make friends quickly.
Ruth