Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

immigration and emigration history

immigration and emigration history

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:32 am
legacies

Default immigration and emigration history

Hello expats!

Am interested in sharing stories with people whove moved from Britain to Australia and New Zealand. Today and in the past. My housemate comes from New Zealand and I can't understand why she has left such a beautiful country! I'd much rather mover the other way! How easy is it to do that, I'm a bit clueless on these kind of things.

Am also interested in the history of emigration to these places. I suppose it started way back with the convicts, if you can call them emigrants. Have come across a cool website at www.bbc.co.uk/legacies which looks at immigration and emigration over the ages. You can put your own thoughts and memories on there too if you like...hopefully I will have some to add soon. Take a look at it anyway.

Looking forward to your advice,

cheers

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration and emigration history

Originally posted by legacies
Hello expats!

Am interested in sharing stories with people whove moved from Britain to Australia and New Zealand. Today and in the past. My housemate comes from New Zealand and I can't understand why she has left such a beautiful country! I'd much rather mover the other way! How easy is it to do that, I'm a bit clueless on these kind of things.

Am also interested in the history of emigration to these places. I suppose it started way back with the convicts, if you can call them emigrants. Have come across a cool website at www.bbc.co.uk/legacies which looks at immigration and emigration over the ages. You can put your own thoughts and memories on there too if you like...hopefully I will have some to add soon. Take a look at it anyway.

Looking forward to your advice,

cheers
Have you ever been there?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:43 am
legacies

unfortunately not yet, but now I have contacts over there hopefully it'll be easier (and cheaper!) to get there. Why, do you think it will disappoint?