Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Immigration to Australia suspended!!

Immigration to Australia suspended!!

Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Immigration to Australia suspended!!

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
You need to get out more. South West Sydney is more violent than redfern.
Actually you might need to get out more, I live in the CBD (surrounded by different nationalities) and I still walk around late at night on my own and feel safe. I have friends who live west, south west – Penrith, Rooty Hill, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Punchbowl, Bankstown, the shire etc etc. All of them again, I have felt safe when there.

Most of those areas with bad names are exadurated and usually gang related (ie: they usually just don’t attack random people).

Redfern, (the block area and the station) is the only place in Sydney I have never felt safe, it’s also a place where a lot of people are randomly mugged, and just strolle through past the station at any time of day and you are guaranteed to be spat on and called a “white ******”. Not to mention the place is a dump anyway!

Get out more, just don’t go to Redfern.

Mikey
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:16 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you believe we have the infrastructure to support 300k new people a year?
Australian cities all have potential for further growth.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Actually you might need to get out more, I live in the CBD (surrounded by different nationalities) and I still walk around late at night on my own and feel safe. I have friends who live west, south west – Penrith, Rooty Hill, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Punchbowl, Bankstown, the shire etc etc. All of them again, I have felt safe when there.

Most of those areas with bad names are exadurated and usually gang related (ie: they usually just don’t attack random people).

Redfern, (the block area and the station) is the only place in Sydney I have never felt safe, it’s also a place where a lot of people are randomly mugged, and just strolle through past the station at any time of day and you are guaranteed to be spat on and called a “white ******”. Not to mention the place is a dump anyway!

Get out more, just don’t go to Redfern.

Mikey
A blow in from Ireland telling me where and what to do? Please!

I was born here. Been here 30 years and know it like the back of my hand.

Sydney is not the same place it was 15 years ago.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Australian cities all have potential for further growth.
Yes but infrastructure needs to move with population growth. We're currently playing catch up from Howard's 12 years of neglect.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

For those interested, this is Redfern at it's worst in 2004:

http://www.australian-news.com.au/Redfern_riots.htm

Looks like downtown Belfast.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:32 am
Account Closed

A blow in from Ireland telling me where and what to do? Please!

I was born here. Been here 30 years and know it like the back of my hand.

You're were still an immigrant though surely? Unless your family was here before Cook arrived.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Where is?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Some immigrants believe spitting in public is acceptable behavior. Some others believe women are not equal to men. This is a dangerous attitude to have.

Some make no effort to learn or use english.
Some nationals belive immigrants are not equal to them, this is a dangerous attitude to have

Pauline, is that you? "Please explain".
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:41 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Some nationals belive immigrants are not equal to them, this is a dangerous attitude to have

Potato Pauline is mad cos her boyfriend left her
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't know what a national is. I merely believe Australia, for now, is full to all people. Next year will be a tough one, why do we want more people coming over fighting for the limited jobs that will available?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:52 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what a national is. I merely believe Australia, for now, is full to all people. Next year will be a tough one, why do we want more people coming over fighting for the limited jobs that will available?
What if those jobs cannot be filled by Australian people?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Where is?
I don't think Australia should follow down the same path as the UK. That's why so many are wanting out of there.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
What if those jobs cannot be filled by Australian people?
TRAIN them.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:58 am
Account Closed

TRAIN them.
In reality this won't meet the skills shortages. What if you need experienced doctors for example?

Wait 15 years while they complete their training and acquire appropriate experience?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

We've taken in huge amounts of tradesmen in the last 10 years. What happens when the building industry dies (like it has in the UK and Ireland) and these people can't find work?

We're already seeing architects being laid off. Tradies will soon follow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.