Reload this Page >

Immigration to Australia

Immigration to Australia

Old May 3rd 2004, 8:43 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Immigration to Australia

Hi,

I have a UK friend with an Australian girlfriend. They live in the UK at present but are looking at the fastest root into Australia.

I myself am going through the United States immigration process and know what a nightmare that is. What i'm wondering is where do they begin, what options do they have available?

Is there a defacto, fiancee visa? If so what are the timelines involved. Any information websites, links to forms etc would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance

James
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James
Hope your friends find a way.

I am not sure the term :'Fastest Root' is the best to use in an Australian context although I am sure a few on here may claim the prize

There is a De Facto visa but there are others better qualified than me to explain it.
Best wishes

G
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration to Australia

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcjimbo
the fastest root into Australia.

That's one of the best laugh's i've had on the forum for ages - THANKS!!!!

Seriously, yes, there is a de - facto ROUTE they can follow - I don't know a great deal about it, but from what I can gather they need to provide as much info as possible, regarding their relationship.

Try PMing Bundy, I think she is going for the same visa. She's a good girl and i think she could answer your questions.

Best wishes,
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:39 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration to Australia

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi,

I have a UK friend with an Australian girlfriend. They live in the UK at present but are looking at the fastest root into Australia.

I myself am going through the United States immigration process and know what a nightmare that is. What i'm wondering is where do they begin, what options do they have available?

Is there a defacto, fiancee visa? If so what are the timelines involved. Any information websites, links to forms etc would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance

James
www.immi.gov.au/allforms booklet 1 (1127) partner visas.
If they have been living together for a year they are eligible for the De-Facto partner visa. If they intend to marry in Australia within 9 months of application there is the prospective marriage visa.

Anyhow guide them to the above booklet and to jump on the immigration forum if they have any questions. Nowadays the longest part of the process seems to be obtaining police checks. Some front end loaded applications are taking a matter of days.