immigration

Old Jun 14th 2003, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Crowson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration

Well got the job,visas sitting waiting ,all we need now is to get through immigration.Can you give us some good tips to get through immig...... how long does the interveiw last.Is it daunting?
where do we go for the interveiw?
Old Jun 14th 2003, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration

Originally posted by Crowson
Well got the job,visas sitting waiting ,all we need now is to get through immigration.Can you give us some good tips to get through immig...... how long does the interveiw last.Is it daunting?
where do we go for the interveiw?

daunting - my word you should really brace yourself for this one. I took 3 weeks off of work for stress counselling after mine. Still havent got over it. Really dont know why we are put thru so many hoops - Its not even funny any more !!
Old Jun 15th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by terryg
daunting - my word you should really brace yourself for this one. I took 3 weeks off of work for stress counselling after mine. Still havent got over it. Really dont know why we are put thru so many hoops - Its not even funny any more !!
Yes. I remember it like that too. Things have not changed then?
I resented many of the questions and they could have warmed the gloves first but it is the last step so you just go through with it don't you?
Old Jun 15th 2003, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Yes. I remember it like that too. Things have not changed then?
I resented many of the questions and they could have warmed the gloves first but it is the last step so you just go through with it don't you?
Hi Wilf

I am sooo glad that it wasn’t just me they were picking one - 1 sec - need some Prozac - mmmmmmm - nice !!! - Ok sorry, where was I? ........oh yes, it is so painful being dragged through this over and over again for our fellow would be migrants. I thought that it was just me they were picking on. I am about to take out a 3rd mortgage to pay off my counselling fees but my psychiatrist is suing me for outstanding fees of A$400k. Do you know any good lawyers ? I would prefer one in Melbourne as my ute cant make it to Addy or Sydney. Oh and by the way how is Sydney anyway, has he grown up since I last saw him in his all in one UV body suit? God them rays are real bad. My skins getting all wrinkly cos of it. Think I'm going to glue a sun umbrella to my bonnet next to my miner’s lamp. Do you think they'd mind at work? . I suppose I'd have trouble getting down that shaft but my weekly wage makes it worthwhile I suppose. Anyway I've lost my clocking in card. Need to get Davvo to stamp it again.

Let me know if you want to talk about any of this. I am a good listener.