Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Immigrating without visitng Australia

Immigrating without visitng Australia

Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Question Immigrating without visitng Australia

Ok, maybe I am a little nieve but there seems to ba a number of people out there who have not visited Australia, or the area they are migrating to, and are applying for a VISA. This sounds a little strange to me wouldn't you want to see what a place is like before you decide to move there?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrating without visitng Australia

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Ok, maybe I am a little nieve but there seems to ba a number of people out there who have not visited Australia, or the area they are migrating to, and are applying for a VISA. This sounds a little strange to me wouldn't you want to see what a place is like before you decide to move there?
Hi We have not been to oz but have looked at loads of pictures and read loads of books and magazine articles, plus a friend of mine is off to wollongong on a reccie and is bringing back loads more personal info, schools, housing, what the area is actually like etc. so i am quite happy with that...we're going to bite the bullet.. so to speak. bye for now...Lol
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:33 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

sunsetsmiler will become famous soon enoughsunsetsmiler will become famous soon enough

Bite the bullet thats what I say!! Never been there, but the option of staying in UK! I don't think so. Only have one life.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:39 pm
aussie73

The same people probably would'nt buy a house or even a cheap second hand car just based on photos or descriptions of it, without seeing it for themselves first.

Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
Adopt me????!!!!!

serdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aussie73
The same people probably would'nt buy a house or even a cheap second hand car just based on photos or descriptions of it, without seeing it for themselves first.
I agree....been there, loved it, haven't applied for VISA yet want a JOB first... Adelaide was my place of choice.....dreaming big
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:42 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

We've never been to Oz before either and to be honest if it doesn't work out we will try somewhere else but at least we aren't stuck here moaning about the weather or the politics or something else.

You only live once and we are going to make the most of ours.

Go on live life dangerously and ever heard the saying, you never know till you try.....

Ang
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:42 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

sunsetsmiler will become famous soon enoughsunsetsmiler will become famous soon enough

Nigenabby, you must be interested in going yourselves otherwise you wouldn't be on BRITISH EXPATS. What's your story?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:43 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

Ang, you are a girl (I hope) after my own heart, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

We are going without having visited, not sure if its the right thing but there are plenty out there that have visited liked it but come back to the UK.

Personally I don't think we will get a real idea on the country till we live there.

If i based my decisions on holidays I would have moved countries every year!!!! lol

we all do things for our own ends, and for us we are taking our kids on a 2 year adventure, don't know what it will bring hopefully loads of fun and lots of happy memories!!! (and a not too empty pocket!!-lol)

Chris
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:51 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunsetsmiler
Ang, you are a girl (I hope)
Well I was the last time I looked LOL (more like a WOMAN really).....
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:52 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

It's all about my little man Adam, who will be 1 on Thursday. I just think there will be a lot more oportunities out there for him, not to mention sport, sunshine, beautiful scenery etc etc
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunsetsmiler
It's all about my little man Adam, who will be 1 on Thursday. I just think there will be a lot more oportunities out there for him, not to mention sport, sunshine, beautiful scenery etc etc
I have a big Adam, 13 and 4 others who have never moved house all been to same schools and are sooooo excited at the prospect of going to oz. Not looking at it being a permanent thing at the mo...... too big a concept to grasp.... 2years then we see how we all feel...stay or come back. But in that time they can do everything they have heard, read and learnt about.

For me and hubby like you it is about the kids and us fulfilling a dream we had when we younger before we get too old to do it.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Well I was the last time I looked LOL (more like a WOMAN really).....

Now are you sure???????? lol
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:01 pm
Deb,Dave&Adam

So the general consensus is that:-
a. Ang is a woman?
b. Grab it by the horns and go for it?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

We hadnt visited,well i hadnt ,hubby had,before we came ,i just always knew this is where my heart belonged.soppy,eh.However we have been here 10 months and havent looked back,absolutely bloody LOVE IT!
donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.