Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

immigrant big black hole??

immigrant big black hole??

Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default immigrant big black hole??

Just what happens to the new arrivals. Almost every week on here you hear we got it, last post for a while, the packers are here, see you on the other side.

But we dont.

Mcmercer has been great quite a few useful posts about jobhunting etc.

Tinaj's written a lot about how the family are amusing themselves and the weather.

But apart from them where the heck have the rest gone to? Ive seen lots of names browsing but no posts?

Come on guys surely the most useful info of all to the intending immies on here would be a full and proper rundown of what happens when you get here. Ya know areas, jobs, hours, travel, kids what school what work they do, housing, what else there is here apart from the obvious (beach/bbqs/parks). Living costs, healthcare etc.

Dont disappear when you get here, Post something
Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:57 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Been done over with similar frequency to the "OMG - Not Another BBQ Invitation":
Looking back at some of the old threads

Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:07 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Been done over with similar frequency to the "OMG - Not Another BBQ Invitation":
Looking back at some of the old threads

Scrounger being repossessed???
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:15 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigrant big black hole??

Originally posted by dotty
Just what happens to the new arrivals. Almost every week on here you hear we got it, last post for a while, the packers are here, see you on the other side.

But we dont.

Tinaj's written a lot about how the family are amusing themselves and the weather.

But apart from them where the heck have the rest gone to? Ive seen lots of names browsing but no posts?

Come on guys surely the most useful info of all to the intending immies on here would be a full and proper rundown of what happens when you get here. Ya know areas, jobs, hours, travel, kids what school what work they do, housing, what else there is here apart from the obvious (beach/bbqs/parks). Living costs, healthcare etc.

I've been posting too!

But it gets to the point where after a few weeks, you start thing "is anybody really interested in what I have to say?"

There are some people in here who are guaranteed to get loads of replies whatever they post (useful or not! And this comment is not aimed at the people you've mentioned!) and others who slip by largely unnoticed.

Jane
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:18 pm
Not here

I think nobody likes to ask the hard questions and most of all nobody wants to hear the hard answers.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:20 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Florida_03
I think nobody likes to ask the hard questions and most of all nobody wants to hear the hard answers.
or maybe once they get there they get a life?

Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:21 pm
Not here

Originally posted by WBB
or maybe once they get there they get a life?
More likely they sell the PC to feed the kids...
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:22 pm
WBB

More likely they sell the PC to feed the kids...
naaa, the mighty pound will buy a fistful of dollars.

Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:25 pm
Not here

Originally posted by WBB
naaa, the mighty pound will buy a fistful of dollars.
You are right. I have noticed that the affluent seem to have a better time, but they would anywhere. What of the "battler"???
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

But we dont.

Dotty, I sometimes wonder why people would be bothered when all they get back is "You've only been here 5 mins yadda yadda"?

I have seen heaps & heaps of posts by people who get here & post that they are having a great time & they get knocked for it. Most come back at irregular intervals, probably look at the forum & think "same shit, different day" & dont bother anymore.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:43 pm
dazuk

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Dotty, I sometimes wonder why people would be bothered when all they get back is "You've only been here 5 mins yadda yadda"?

I have seen heaps & heaps of posts by people who get here & post that they are having a great time & they get knocked for it. Most come back at irregular intervals, probably look at the forum & think "same shit, different day" & dont bother anymore.
Well, how does that attitude expalin the dogged determination of the Aussie witnesses who have never lived there before?

They get slated by the likes of Dotty, Ceri, Mike Stanton etc, but still come back for more. How come they shite it when they are at the arse-end?

Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:44 pm
WBB

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

yes, i have seen that aimed at people who try to give an opinion, they sometimes get shot down in flames by the likes of dotty and ceri among others if they give an opinion that australia has anything to offer so i understand that.

BTW i see badgers has rubbed off on you...yadda yadda

Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:56 pm
Not here

Originally posted by WBB
yes, i have seen that aimed at people who try to give an opinion, they sometimes get shot down in flames by the likes of dotty and ceri among others if they give an opinion that australia has anything to offer so i understand that.

BTW i see badgers has rubbed off on you...yadda yadda

Can we see an example???
Old Feb 28th 2004, 12:06 am
WBB

Can we see an example???
be my guest

between them they have posted over 5g mind!!!!!

Old Feb 28th 2004, 12:12 am
Not here

Originally posted by WBB
be my guest

between them they have posted over 5g mind!!!!!

Weak...look Ceri and Dotty and I have had many arguments. I take exception to generalisations about Australia and Australians that portray an unsubstantiated view. I believe that they tend to be a bit more specific in their information now.

Ask the hard questions and you will get the hard answers. Act like a pack of zombie dreamers and you deserve all you get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.