Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm worried its all going wrong

I'm worried its all going wrong

Old Jan 13th 2003, 5:24 am
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point

[Hi Kaff

How is it going? Bad question I suppose and you are peed off with everyone asking.....

There was definatley a post for you on the Immigration site from Granada Tv asking if you wanted to take part in a prog.

Give em a call, perhaps they will pay for your flights!!!!!

Good luck and keep in touch

love simone
Old Jan 13th 2003, 9:29 am
Just Joined

jerome.pearce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm worried its all going wrong

Originally posted by loulou74
Is it normal to get this panic before the big move. I'm worried the house sale is going to fall through, I'm worried that the Oz $ will crash, that our possessions will sink at sea, etc etc etc. If there is something I can worry about then I am. I won't even allow myself to day dream about it anymore, just incase something goes wrong. How silly is this! Does anyone else feel like this, or felt like this before the move?
Yup!

After the move it even worse! :scared: The combined stress of starting a new job, finding a home for my family, finding a school for my son and dealing with a different culture was enormous. Don't think it will all be over when you arrive, by any means.

Having said that, it is all very much worth it, if it's what you want to do. We were more than happy and settled after 3 months.

I think if you are prepared for it, you can handle it much better than we did. It will all be over, and you just need to keep your head in what almost seems like a crisis situation. I don't want to put you off, but to prepare you for it all. Forewarned is forearmed, they say.:lecture:

Good luck!

Jerome

Last edited by jerome.pearce; Jan 13th 2003 at 9:32 am.