Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm watching 7 news(Australia) in Redditch Worcs

I'm watching 7 news(Australia) in Redditch Worcs

Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm watching 7 news(Australia) in Redditch Worcs

and... you can watch tv channels from all over the world on the same service. I'm not sure if any of you guys have tried ZATOO over there (AUS) - i don't know if it lets you see the UK channels but viewmy.tv allows you to choose countries from all over the world.

Was looking for some French TV to add to a school website (YAWN) and struck expat gold! I love watching SKYNEWS Australia so I can watch the weather report...

Not sure if it's streaming live... mmm Zatoo deffo does but this is still fun! Check it out and have a play!
Oh and good morning Australians! ;P
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Lucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm watching 7 news(Australia) in Redditch Worcs

Good find
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:41 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
and... you can watch tv channels from all over the world on the same service. I'm not sure if any of you guys have tried ZATOO over there (AUS) - i don't know if it lets you see the UK channels but viewmy.tv allows you to choose countries from all over the world.

Was looking for some French TV to add to a school website (YAWN) and struck expat gold! I love watching SKYNEWS Australia so I can watch the weather report...

Not sure if it's streaming live... mmm Zatoo deffo does but this is still fun! Check it out and have a play!
Let me get this right. You want to watch Aus TV in the UK?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the links, any suggestions? We are going to Adelaide so anything for SA.

Johnnyyt
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont even watch aus tv in perth, its ruuuuuuuubish ! and the radio is even worse.
They twist stories so much, the news is like watching a live version of the Sun newspaper except with even lower standards

Example : they report on some house squatters, building them up as disgusting scumbags, they get in the house with the estate agent, the tenants come home, a mum and daughter and they are shocked to find a tv crew in their front room.
The presenter loves it and goes to great lengths to upset both tenants as much as possible, who rightfully want them out the house
The tenants claim they only just heard a few days ago that the rent was in not being paid, the tv presenter insists that they havent paid rent for 6 months. After much argueing the presenter is made to leave.
outside the house, they film inside the tenants car a letter thats on the back seat claiming it was a notice of non rent payment going back 6 months, when in fact the freezeframe actually shows the letter dated a few days before, which the presenters voiceover doesnt mention.

turns out the Dad of the family had gone abroad to work and he was the one who normally paid the rent, so the mother and daughter had no idea it wasnt paid until the get a letter then a couple days later they have an angry film crew in there living room !!!
This came out in the show Media Watch, which is great for showing how bad the tv is.
The presenter in the news article did his best to twist the story and turn it into a more dramatic story with people crying and being upset and trying to paint the tenants as disgusting house squatters

whatever happened to just reporting the news, instead of making it up...

Last edited by dave99; Aug 20th 2009 at 11:37 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:22 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Let me get this right. You want to watch Aus TV in the UK?
I am watching SBS in McLaren vale SA and it's OK cos the cricket's on, but apart from this the TV here is completely wank.

If I was in Redditch I wouldn't be watching Aus TV that's for sure!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
I dont even watch aus tv in perth, its ruuuuuuuubish ! and the radio is even worse.
They twist stories so much, the news is like watching a live version of the Sun newspaper except with even lower standards

Example : they report on some house squatters, building them up as disgusting scumbags, they get in the house with the estate agent, the tenants come home, a mum and daughter and they are shocked to find a tv crew in their front room.
The presenter loves it and goes to great lengths to upset both tenants as much as possible, who rightfully want them out the house
The tenants claim they only just heard a few days ago that the rent was in not being paid, the tv presenter insists that they havent paid rent for 6 months. After much argueing the presenter is made to leave.
outside the house, they film inside the tenants car a letter thats on the back seat claiming it was a notice of non rent payment going back 6 months, when in fact the freezeframe actually shows the letter dated a few days before, which the presenters voiceover doesnt mention.

turns out the Dad of the family had gone abroad to work and he was the one who normally paid the rent, so the mother and daughter had no idea it wasnt paid until the get a letter then a couple days later they have an angry film crew in there living room !!!
This came out in the show Media Watch, which is great for showing how bad the tv is.
The presenter in the news article did his best to twist the story and turn it into a more dramatic story with people crying and being upset and trying to paint the tenants as disgusting house squatters

whatever happened to just reporting the news, instead of making it up...
Watch ABC and SBS news programs....some great journalism on display.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:37 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Watch ABC and SBS news programs....some great journalism on display.
Are you for real? The "journalism" here is way up its own arse and completely regulated but still completely shit.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:42 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
I am watching SBS in McLaren vale SA and it's OK cos the cricket's on, but apart from this the TV here is completely wank.

If I was in Redditch I wouldn't be watching Aus TV that's for sure!
don't you mean SBS is only good for a w@nk?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:44 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thats just sad....
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
don't you mean SBS is only good for a w@nk?
I'd be interested in the programs that are good for a "Sherman"
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
Are you for real? The "journalism" here is way up its own arse and completely regulated but still completely shit.
News junky who has watched years of British news and current affairs and Australian. ABC and SBS have a raft of great news based shows with some fantastic journalists.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:54 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by kporte
I'd be interested in the programs that are good for a "Sherman"
Friday nights mate! Is Arthouse night, otherwise known as French women getting them out
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:10 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

If I was in Redditch I'd be in Chicago Rock or The Limelight and then later watching the local lasses get em out in the multistory car parks.
Or if I was in Studley I'd be in the Duke of Marlborough (if it's still there?), watching the same.
I was born in Studley and went to school in Redditch, and got out as quick as possible. Now I'm in OZ stuck watching crap TV...... not sure if I'm on a winner?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
If I was in Redditch I'd be in Chicago Rock or The Limelight and then later watching the local lasses get em out in the multistory car parks.
Or if I was in Studley I'd be in the Duke of Marlborough (if it's still there?), watching the same.
I was born in Studley and went to school in Redditch, and got out as quick as possible. Now I'm in OZ stuck watching crap TV...... not sure if I'm on a winner?
LMAO at the tv comments. I know that the ads come on every 2 mins and shout at you and I know that the news is infotainment but I liked it and miss not watching it lol. Ah well... each to their own. Call it research if you like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.