Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm so scared !!!

I'm so scared !!!

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:13 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm so scared !!!

Is this natural.......!!!!

I keep asking myself is this the right thing to do. First OH didnt want to go, now i am having doubts ( what's bloody wrong with me). To be given the opportunity to emigrate to Australia is fantastic and most people would cut off their arm to beable to go, so why am i feeling this way i should be ecstatic!!

I need YOUR help guys !!!!!.....
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so scared !!!

Originally Posted by Issie
Always known that

Sounds pretty normal to me

Good luck

G
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:20 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Always known that

Sounds pretty normal to me

Good luck

G
What G said
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:25 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant help you there, I feel exactly the same today! Tomorrow Ill be fine. I hope!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:26 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Cant help you there, I feel exactly the same today! Tomorrow Ill be fine. I hope!
You'll be fine Lucy, it's completly natural to feel the way you do, good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:27 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I keep asking myself is this the right thing to do. First OH didnt want to go, now i am having doubts ( what's bloody wrong with me). To be given the opportunity to emigrate to Australia is fantastic and most people would cut off their arm to beable to go, so why am i feeling this way i should be ecstatic!!

Ditto to all of the above. I've never had any doubts about what we're doing until our visa was granted and then, BAM.....I expected to be over the moon but after a day or so, I spent the following two weeks just bursting into tears about the thought of leaving, and started to have serious doubts about whether emigrating is the right thing to do.

Some posters on here are extremely lucky and don't seem to have any doubts about the move to Oz, but I think the majority of us on here probably go through what you and I are going through at some point during the process.

Emigrating is a life-changing move - for me, it's one of the most important decisions of my life and I figure that it's probably pretty normal to question what you're going, whether it's the right thing, etc.

I'm dealing with how I'm feeling by focusing on all the positive things that Oz has to offer - not what I'm leaving behind in the UK. Don't know what else to say except you're not alone......hang in there!

Nicky
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained. I was in the same situation a couple of months ago. Our visa came through after waiting nearly 16 months and we thought help, do we still really want to go.

We bit the bullet and arrived in mid October and to be honest at the mo we are loving it,and wish we had done it years ago. It has'nt been plain sailing we have had our moments of doubt. Finding a job was harder than I thought it would be,so after a month I went temping to pay the bills and luckily kept plugging away trying to get a job and finally found one that I started today.

Just look at it as an adventure, nothing is forever and if you don't like it you can always go back home. However if you stay put, you will spend the rest of your days saying what if? I won't pretend and tell you it's easy, but being away from the uk I have found that I speak to my family more than if I was there, and am kept more up to date with what is going on. It is so cheap with phone cards available to phone home costing less than a penny a minute.

Keep us in touch with how you are doing and good luck.

Cheers
Ady
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

yes i feel like that at times, but if you really think about it is scary but the reward for the adventure that you could have i think will be worth it .
at the least you can come back, which wasn't an option in the past the world is getting smaller:scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:07 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard isn't it ?
Oops....are we live ?
Trouble with the missus again

The whole emmigration package can be a very tiring and emotional time.
It's quite natural for you to have doubts.
Without doubts you don't sanity check things.
Doubts enable you to put a perspective on things.

Don't worry about doubts............worry if you don't have them.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

We are exactly the same. House sold, no job now and we leave on the 24th January for Sydney North Shore. The cars are being sold but now we are getting worried and asking why??? Some mornings we feel sick, but it it just natural. I think we would feel the same if we were moving anywhere. Giving up all you know for the unknown is tough. Add in the distance from family and it is even harder.

BUT....

my mum summed it up over Christmas. She said you only live once so go for it because if you turn back now you will always be asking what if...

We are treating it as an adventure - the kids love that - and have no plans for the long term. If we love it we stay, if we hate it we come back. Simple!

Good Luck

Cam
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

An adventure it will be Cam.

Difficult as it is try not to anticipate too much.
Be prepared as best you can but don't "expect".

And when shite happens try to keep a smile and find the positive in the situation. There is usually one even if small.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:23 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for some great replies.......i shed a tear at a couple ( see i'm off again)......I am glad to see i am not alone and there have and will be others like me.

I will keep you in touch , we have a long way to go yet but our agent has said it's going to be a pretty straight forward application ( will see)

Bix...you still make me laugh
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:24 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Exact same feelings on the process, i'm sure it's entirely normal human feelings/ emotions....stick to your guns.

Dave
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:30 am
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point

It gets better . Get to where your going, make some friends, sit in the sun and drink a glass of cold beer . AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by mindblower
Exact same feelings on the process, i'm sure it's entirely normal human feelings/ emotions....stick to your guns.

Dave
I hope i can Dave....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.