British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I'm so fed up with the tv. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/im-so-fed-up-tv-609465/)

PoppetUK May 16th 2009 1:21 pm

I'm so fed up with the tv.

OK. I'm having a moan now and I don't care what anyone says.

I'm so bored with the tv!!!

I've just had our third baby and in the evening I'm pretty tired. I'd love to stick the tv on around 8pm perhaps 3 times per week just for an hour to unwind. Nothing too taxing etc but half decent would be nice. I seem to have found myself channel hopping more and more over the past 2 or 3 months.

Surely australian tv couldn't have got worse could it?

When I'm this tired I don't really feel live surfing the web.

Moan over with. Looks like I might have to hit uknova again.

irishbloo May 16th 2009 1:28 pm

Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by PoppetUK (Post 7577206)
OK. I'm having a moan now and I don't care what anyone says.

I'm so bored with the tv!!!

I've just had our third baby and in the evening I'm pretty tired. I'd love to stick the tv on around 8pm perhaps 3 times per week just for an hour to unwind. Nothing too taxing etc but half decent would be nice. I seem to have found myself channel hopping more and more over the past 2 or 3 months.

Surely australian tv couldn't have got worse could it?

When I'm this tired I don't really feel live surfing the web.

Moan over with. Looks like I might have to hit uknova again.

Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..

PoppetUK May 16th 2009 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 7577223)
Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..

OK so perhaps I'm not going so mad then Irishbloo. Thanks for the congrats. I had a little boy. Our first (and last) little Aussie. Hope you are not feeling too low re: your mum's birthday dinner. Have an extra glass of fizz for me :)

The only good thing about crap tv is that my ironing gets done because I'm in no rush to watch anything and the kids have all their stuff ready for the morning school run.

NKSK version 2 May 16th 2009 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by PoppetUK (Post 7577281)
OK so perhaps I'm not going so mad then Irishbloo. Thanks for the congrats. I had a little boy. Our first (and last) little Aussie. Hope you are not feeling too low re: your mum's birthday dinner. Have an extra glass of fizz for me :)

The only good thing about crap tv is that my ironing gets done because I'm in no rush to watch anything and the kids have all their stuff ready for the morning school run.

It is absolutely crap. Even Foxtel is appalling.

I'm just glad I did 5 years in Brunei to prepare for it.

the plumber May 16th 2009 9:40 pm

Austar not that bad ....you've got a lot of uk channels on it....

andreak May 16th 2009 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by the plumber (Post 7577909)
Austar not that bad ....you've got a lot of uk channels on it....

Not heard of this one before, is it new? is it really better than foxtell. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it for your regular TV or for viewing programmeson a TV. Hope to get something like this soon, so just checking out the options. Thanks

the plumber May 16th 2009 10:07 pm

Just check the austar web site ....see if they cover your area...

johnnyx0 May 17th 2009 3:55 am

I've just double-checked the TV guide, cos I couldn't believe there was nothing on - and I see that the 1946 film "Courage of Lassie" is on channel 9 this afternoon...... :eek:

Hutch May 17th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by andreak (Post 7577939)
Not heard of this one before, is it new? is it really better than foxtell. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it for your regular TV or for viewing programmeson a TV. Hope to get something like this soon, so just checking out the options. Thanks

Austar and Foxtel are near identical in terms of channel line-up. If I had the choice, however (which I don't) I'd get Foxtel because at least they have a decent PVR (very similar to Sky Plus) and a smattering of HD channels.

Broad Shoulders May 17th 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 7577223)

Can I suggest you join a website I am a founding member of.
www.boredhousewives.com.au

if you've got a webcam all the better