Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm so fed up with the tv.

I'm so fed up with the tv.

Old May 16th 2009, 2:21 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: WA but not forever!!!
Posts: 943
PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm so fed up with the tv.

OK. I'm having a moan now and I don't care what anyone says.

I'm so bored with the tv!!!

I've just had our third baby and in the evening I'm pretty tired. I'd love to stick the tv on around 8pm perhaps 3 times per week just for an hour to unwind. Nothing too taxing etc but half decent would be nice. I seem to have found myself channel hopping more and more over the past 2 or 3 months.

Surely australian tv couldn't have got worse could it?

When I'm this tired I don't really feel live surfing the web.

Moan over with. Looks like I might have to hit uknova again.
PoppetUK is offline  
Old May 16th 2009, 2:28 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
irishbloo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Limerick-Shropshire- Perth.
Posts: 3,215
irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by PoppetUK View Post
OK. I'm having a moan now and I don't care what anyone says.

I'm so bored with the tv!!!

I've just had our third baby and in the evening I'm pretty tired. I'd love to stick the tv on around 8pm perhaps 3 times per week just for an hour to unwind. Nothing too taxing etc but half decent would be nice. I seem to have found myself channel hopping more and more over the past 2 or 3 months.

Surely australian tv couldn't have got worse could it?

When I'm this tired I don't really feel live surfing the web.

Moan over with. Looks like I might have to hit uknova again.
Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..
irishbloo is offline  
Old May 16th 2009, 3:03 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: WA but not forever!!!
Posts: 943
PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by irishbloo View Post
Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..
OK so perhaps I'm not going so mad then Irishbloo. Thanks for the congrats. I had a little boy. Our first (and last) little Aussie. Hope you are not feeling too low re: your mum's birthday dinner. Have an extra glass of fizz for me

The only good thing about crap tv is that my ironing gets done because I'm in no rush to watch anything and the kids have all their stuff ready for the morning school run.
PoppetUK is offline  
Old May 16th 2009, 4:22 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 3,453
NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by PoppetUK View Post
OK so perhaps I'm not going so mad then Irishbloo. Thanks for the congrats. I had a little boy. Our first (and last) little Aussie. Hope you are not feeling too low re: your mum's birthday dinner. Have an extra glass of fizz for me

The only good thing about crap tv is that my ironing gets done because I'm in no rush to watch anything and the kids have all their stuff ready for the morning school run.
It is absolutely crap. Even Foxtel is appalling.

I'm just glad I did 5 years in Brunei to prepare for it.
NKSK version 2 is offline  
Old May 16th 2009, 10:40 pm
  #5  
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border
 
the plumber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 431
the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Austar not that bad ....you've got a lot of uk channels on it....
the plumber is offline  
Old May 16th 2009, 10:57 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
andreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Grose Vale, N.S.W.
Posts: 244
andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by the plumber View Post
Austar not that bad ....you've got a lot of uk channels on it....
Not heard of this one before, is it new? is it really better than foxtell. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it for your regular TV or for viewing programmeson a TV. Hope to get something like this soon, so just checking out the options. Thanks
andreak is offline  
Old May 16th 2009, 11:07 pm
  #7  
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border
 
the plumber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 431
the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Just check the austar web site ....see if they cover your area...
the plumber is offline  
Old May 17th 2009, 4:55 am
  #8  
Hasta la victoria siempre
 
johnnyx0's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 802
johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

I've just double-checked the TV guide, cos I couldn't believe there was nothing on - and I see that the 1946 film "Courage of Lassie" is on channel 9 this afternoon......
johnnyx0 is offline  
Old May 17th 2009, 7:06 am
  #9  
Australia's Doorman
 
Hutch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Shoalhaven, New South Wales, Australia
Posts: 11,047
Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by andreak View Post
Not heard of this one before, is it new? is it really better than foxtell. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it for your regular TV or for viewing programmeson a TV. Hope to get something like this soon, so just checking out the options. Thanks
Austar and Foxtel are near identical in terms of channel line-up. If I had the choice, however (which I don't) I'd get Foxtel because at least they have a decent PVR (very similar to Sky Plus) and a smattering of HD channels.
Hutch is offline  
Old May 17th 2009, 7:54 am
  #10  
I'm Old Gregg!
 
Broad Shoulders's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: A Former Bogan Colony in QLD
Posts: 8,457
Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by irishbloo View Post
Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..
Can I suggest you join a website I am a founding member of.
www.boredhousewives.com.au

if you've got a webcam all the better
Broad Shoulders is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.