Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm so fed up with the tv.

I'm so fed up with the tv.

Old May 16th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm so fed up with the tv.

OK. I'm having a moan now and I don't care what anyone says.

I'm so bored with the tv!!!

I've just had our third baby and in the evening I'm pretty tired. I'd love to stick the tv on around 8pm perhaps 3 times per week just for an hour to unwind. Nothing too taxing etc but half decent would be nice. I seem to have found myself channel hopping more and more over the past 2 or 3 months.

Surely australian tv couldn't have got worse could it?

When I'm this tired I don't really feel live surfing the web.

Moan over with. Looks like I might have to hit uknova again.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so fed up with the tv.

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
OK. I'm having a moan now and I don't care what anyone says.

I'm so bored with the tv!!!

I've just had our third baby and in the evening I'm pretty tired. I'd love to stick the tv on around 8pm perhaps 3 times per week just for an hour to unwind. Nothing too taxing etc but half decent would be nice. I seem to have found myself channel hopping more and more over the past 2 or 3 months.

Surely australian tv couldn't have got worse could it?

When I'm this tired I don't really feel live surfing the web.

Moan over with. Looks like I might have to hit uknova again.
Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..
Old May 16th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Strangley enough I ve just thought the same.Especially on a Saturday night.Husband is at work,I dont use/have babysitters and Im bored.To top it off most of my family in Ireland are getting ready for my Mums 70 birthday dinner tonight.Can feel another glass of fizz coming on.Congrats on your new baby.What did you have..
OK so perhaps I'm not going so mad then Irishbloo. Thanks for the congrats. I had a little boy. Our first (and last) little Aussie. Hope you are not feeling too low re: your mum's birthday dinner. Have an extra glass of fizz for me

The only good thing about crap tv is that my ironing gets done because I'm in no rush to watch anything and the kids have all their stuff ready for the morning school run.
Old May 16th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
OK so perhaps I'm not going so mad then Irishbloo. Thanks for the congrats. I had a little boy. Our first (and last) little Aussie. Hope you are not feeling too low re: your mum's birthday dinner. Have an extra glass of fizz for me

The only good thing about crap tv is that my ironing gets done because I'm in no rush to watch anything and the kids have all their stuff ready for the morning school run.
It is absolutely crap. Even Foxtel is appalling.

I'm just glad I did 5 years in Brunei to prepare for it.
Old May 16th 2009, 9:40 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Austar not that bad ....you've got a lot of uk channels on it....
Old May 16th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by the plumber
Austar not that bad ....you've got a lot of uk channels on it....
Not heard of this one before, is it new? is it really better than foxtell. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it for your regular TV or for viewing programmeson a TV. Hope to get something like this soon, so just checking out the options. Thanks
Old May 16th 2009, 10:07 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Just check the austar web site ....see if they cover your area...
Old May 17th 2009, 3:55 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

I've just double-checked the TV guide, cos I couldn't believe there was nothing on - and I see that the 1946 film "Courage of Lassie" is on channel 9 this afternoon......
Old May 17th 2009, 6:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreak
Not heard of this one before, is it new? is it really better than foxtell. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it for your regular TV or for viewing programmeson a TV. Hope to get something like this soon, so just checking out the options. Thanks
Austar and Foxtel are near identical in terms of channel line-up. If I had the choice, however (which I don't) I'd get Foxtel because at least they have a decent PVR (very similar to Sky Plus) and a smattering of HD channels.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:54 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Can I suggest you join a website I am a founding member of.
www.boredhousewives.com.au

if you've got a webcam all the better