Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm overdosing on Brit comedy

I'm overdosing on Brit comedy

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:59 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default I'm overdosing on Brit comedy

My dear old brother has just sent us 3 DVD's over (Just about makes up for all the food he ate whilst here!!).

Got League of Gentlemen seris 1 & 2 and The Fast Show series 1. Due to crappy NZ Tv watching them every night!!! Bliss.

On order for my birthday more Fast Show and some Alan Partridge.

Are you local?

Paula
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:03 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm overdosing on Brit comedy

Posting on Expats is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.....

This is a local forum for local people
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:05 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by HUP
Posting on Expats is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.....

This is a local forum for local people

At least it keeps the guys from madame palm and her 5 lovely daughters!

Last edited by Watt Dabney; Sep 23rd 2003 at 12:13 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:06 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
At least it keep the guys from the mistress of the palm and her 5 lovely daughters!
Don't know what your talking about . Are you saying that youve had less time on your hands since you got the DVD's
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:10 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

The problem is now Hubby and I keep exchanging 1 liners off the shows which nobody else understands and falling about laughing.
Getting some funny looks.

You ain't seen me ......right!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:13 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
The problem is now Hubby and I keep exchanging 1 liners off the shows which nobody else understands and falling about laughing.
Getting some funny looks.

You ain't seen me ......right!
Put your knickers on and go and make me a cup of tea
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:18 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

BRILLIANT
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:21 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Originally posted by HUP
BRILLIANT

Today I will mostly be doing shopping

and the weather in Christchurch today is 'Scorchio'
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 10:57 pm
slowly turning kiwi...

flygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

ohh nooo.

today (and for the forseeable future) i will mainly be trying not to say 'scorchio' to nonplussed kiwis!

have only just kicked the habit!!! cool shows tho. cant believe they didnt get them here.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 11:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone found Cheesy Peas available down here?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:13 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom

No, don't think it's been shown, try here for what is available (i.e. been shown by ABC):

http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/label.asp?labelid=5
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 8:38 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Ah but I bet you'll only get the old style ones. The UK has them in the plastic bottle

"Squeezy Cheezy Peas"

BRILLIANT
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 8:43 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
Ah but I bet you'll only get the old style ones. The UK has them in the plastic bottle

"Squeezy Cheezy Peas"

BRILLIANT

WOW. We really are behind the times here.

Today I shall mostly be wearing a flanno.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:36 am
Merlot

WOW. We really are behind the times here.

Today I shall mostly be wearing a flanno.

"How could one resist", What did I say Roy??

Been coming out with these one liners since 1995 when I was back in the UK. Been comedy deprived in Oz since 1997 and going back to live in the UK next year. Which was nice!

Do try www.blackstar.co.uk for ordering videos to Australia and NZ, used them for a good few years and they are BRILLIANT! Great line of vids in British Comedy.

Bootross, Bootross, Gahli of however it is said!

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I am stocking up before we ship on the following

The best of the two ronnies (box set)
My Family
Coupling
Alan Partridge
Fast show

already have only fools on vids so, I won't miss them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.