Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm off........ To Treasure Island

I'm off........ To Treasure Island

Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:48 am
ABCDiamond

Default I'm off........ To Treasure Island

I've just found a map with directions to Treasure Island, so I'm off now for a few days

I'll let you know what I found when I get back.

Treasure Island - Gold Coast

These are the important bits though -
Resort Pool with slide
Toddlers Pool
Heated Spa
Children's Playground
Mini Golf Course
Indoor Games Room

Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm off........ To Treasure Island

Sounds bloody horrible - just like Butlins

Enjoy your break "Mr.Steak & Stats"
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun, cya when you get back!

Actually, we are heading down to Harbourtown on Thursday, dont want to come shopping with a group of giggling women, do you?
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bix

I'll let you know how it compares to Butlins. I must admit I did think that when it was decided upon.

But a 7yr old just wouldn't be quite as happy at the Hilton Hotel !!

I'm calling it my camping holiday

Old Apr 9th 2004, 1:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bix

I'm back

Butlins was better !!!!! Well, as far as entertainment goes it was, (or at least if my memory serves me correctly : 1960'-70's)

Accomodation was OK, (for what it was)

I still prefer hotels !

The beach on the Gold Coast was nice.

Old Apr 9th 2004, 6:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I'm back

Butlins was better !!!!! Well, as far as entertainment goes it was, (or at least if my memory serves me correctly : 1960'-70's)

Accomodation was OK, (for what it was)

I still prefer hotels !

The beach on the Gold Coast was nice.
Ah yes, but maybe the memory of Butlins has waned over time so it is now better than it actually was.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Actually, we are heading down to Harbourtown on Thursday, dont want to come shopping with a group of giggling women, do you?
ABC have a great time!

Mrs D - off for a bit of retail therapy eh
I loved Harbour Town.

Not long now and I will be on the Gold Coast myself
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

I didn't realise where Harbourtown was. We stayed right next to it !!

And just avoided going in there on Thursday !! Looks like i escaped a double nightmare !!

Debsy. Thanks, it was OK, but I'm glad to be home My little one enjoyed it though Too tiring for me.
Some NICE houses in the area though.

Bix, - I think the memory of Butlins is actually enhanced over time. like many things. I had some great holidays there back in the old days

Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:34 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I didn't realise where Harbourtown was. We stayed right next to it !!

And just avoided going in there on Thursday !! Looks like i escaped a double nightmare !!
Do the letters F & O mean anything to you? LOL

We didnt go Thursday anyway, we are planning on going the week after the holidays now .

Debsy, yeah even I dont mind Harbourtown (& Im not much of a shop-a-holic at all!)
Old Apr 9th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Warrington to Wollongong to Victoria Point (soon)
Thomaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did someone mention Butlins?

Good to have you back ABCD

Butlins? I have some great memories from the seventies of the one in Pwetheli, Wales (no longer there).

Tried to recreate the experience a few years ago and took my family to the 'Holiday Centre' (it's called something like that now - don't think the name Bultins gets mentioned much anymore) in Minehead.

Sadly it's no longer the same (although the kids loved it) - they no longer even wake you up in the mornings with soothing music

Even the redcoats seemed different.... well, they were a lot younger than I remembered

All in all it was okay but wouldn't want to do it again - and the following year we were back to holidaying in Spain.

Even Magaluf seemed classy in comparison