I'm Off !

Old May 21st 2004, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm Off !

Hi All

Just sending you a quick message to say thank you all who contributed and advised when my Fiance applied for his pros spouse visa.

I am heading home tommorrow and will be looking for work asap ! sadly we will be spending about 2 and a half months apart as we still have a lot to tie up at this end and its part of our general contingency plan !

Wedding is in August !

All the best to anyone currently awaiting news on their visas.

see ya all on the other side...

Jodie
Old May 21st 2004, 11:27 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Congrats and good luck.

Just waiting on my pros spouse visa myself. Missing my better half who's in Oz.

Do you mind if I ask how long you had to wait after everything was submitted?

Good luck again.
Old May 21st 2004, 11:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jodie, hope all goes well for you! Let us know how things go once you get down here, won't you!!!
Old May 21st 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Jodie,

Good luck, hope it goes well for you both.
Old May 21st 2004, 11:39 am
From U.K 2 Aus

Jigsaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm Off !

Originally posted by jodie
Hi All

Just sending you a quick message to say thank you all who contributed and advised when my Fiance applied for his pros spouse visa.

I am heading home tommorrow and will be looking for work asap ! sadly we will be spending about 2 and a half months apart as we still have a lot to tie up at this end and its part of our general contingency plan !

Wedding is in August !

All the best to anyone currently awaiting news on their visas.

see ya all on the other side...

Jodie
Wishing you both nothing but the very very best. Hope it all works out the way you want
Old May 21st 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: I'm Off !

Hi All

thanks for your well wishes I will certainly let you know how I get on - Polyanna I'm leaving with your list under my arm ok !!

Loose, our process time took approximately 1 month in total. What really held it up was the fact that we are based in Ireland and the AHC seem to use some sort of snail-mail posting service for anywhere outside the UK.

We were asked for more information as well because my Fiance has used his Irish version of his name on absolutely everything except on his birth cert. So we had to get another stat dec done up explaining this cultural difference !!

When did you send the application away ?

Best of luck !

Jodie

Originally posted by Jigsaw
Wishing you both nothing but the very very best. Hope it all works out the way you want
Old May 21st 2004, 1:30 pm
Re mem mem member

Hi Jodie - everything went in some time ago, but I didn't notice they'd got my name wwrong on the policce check. Was asked to get anther within 28 days as they'd be checking my app then.got it in in time but the 28 days expired about a month ago.

Maybe I'll hear soon. Fingers crossed.

Keep us allposted on how things go for you.

Good luck!!!

Old May 21st 2004, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

I realy hope you hear soon.

where will you hopefully be re-locating too !

Certainly is a patience tester this one isnt it !?

Originally posted by loose
Hi Jodie - everything went in some time ago, but I didn't notice they'd got my name wwrong on the policce check. Was asked to get anther within 28 days as they'd be checking my app then.got it in in time but the 28 days expired about a month ago.

Maybe I'll hear soon. Fingers crossed.

Keep us allposted on how things go for you.

Good luck!!!

Old May 21st 2004, 1:40 pm
Re mem mem member

Yeah - I think its getting to my girlfriend most though. She's looking forward to starting a life together down there. I'm quite laid back, but it is starting to get to me too.

Going to Darwin till January, then we're both moving down to Perth.

What about you guys? Where you heading?

Last edited by loose; May 21st 2004 at 1:42 pm.
Old May 21st 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

yeah its tough going - did you receive an acknowledgement letter stating that you could contact AHC after any length of time ?

I think no matter how laid back you are its a stressing time.

Im flying into Sydney but will be heading to wollongong - only about 80km south of Sydney.

gosh Darwin can be quiet a culture shock I here !

Yeah - I think its getting to my girlfriend most though. She's looking forward to starting a life together down there. I'm quite laid back, but it is starting to get to me too.

Going to Darwin till January, then we're both moving down to Perth.

What about you guys? Where you heading?
Old May 21st 2004, 2:12 pm
Re mem mem member

yeah its tough going - did you receive an acknowledgement letter stating that you could contact AHC after any length of time ?

I think no matter how laid back you are its a stressing time.

Im flying into Sydney but will be heading to wollongong - only about 80km south of Sydney.

gosh Darwin can be quiet a culture shock I here !
No not had anything since last docs went in. Sent an e-mail to chase but got a fairly standard non-commital response. Just have to sit tight I guess.

Its just a bit tough cos theres so much to sort, not least the emotional side of it. But hey, no worries been through worse.

So how come Woolongong? What you guys gonna do when you get there workwise? You excited? (dumb dumb question)

Yeah Darwins a bit different, but I like that. The heat should be funny when I play sport, but am looking forward to the mix of cultures etc.

Old May 21st 2004, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

I'm from Wollongong so we will at least start off there and it is within commuting distance of the CBD Sydney as well if need be.

I will do absolutely anything (within reason !) work wise will intially look for temp stuff and then go from there.

i can understand the whole emotional strain - thats the best thing about this forum ability to share your thoughts - sorry am getting emotional as nearly only 12 hours now until I have to be at the airport !!!!!

No not had anything since last docs went in. Sent an e-mail to chase but got a fairly standard non-commital response. Just have to sit tight I guess.

Its just a bit tough cos theres so much to sort, not least the emotional side of it. But hey, no worries been through worse.

So how come Woolongong? What you guys gonna do when you get there workwise? You excited? (dumb dumb question)

Yeah Darwins a bit different, but I like that. The heat should be funny when I play sport, but am looking forward to the mix of cultures etc.

Old May 21st 2004, 3:42 pm
Re mem mem member

I'm from Wollongong so we will at least start off there and it is within commuting distance of the CBD Sydney as well if need be.

I will do absolutely anything (within reason !) work wise will intially look for temp stuff and then go from there.

i can understand the whole emotional strain - thats the best thing about this forum ability to share your thoughts - sorry am getting emotional as nearly only 12 hours now until I have to be at the airport !!!!!
Must be an amazing feeling to be as close to jetting off as you are now.

Hope it all works out jodie, have a fantastic time, and try not to get too giddy in the next 12 hours or so!