Im new!!!

Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

nmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant future
Default Im new!!!

Hey everyone - new to this site... found it via google when i was trying to find out whether i have to be in oz before 1st july to still qualify for the 2 year citizenship rule...to be honest, i am left utterly confused!!! but i must say everyone seems to be so helpful!
my boyfriend and i have our visas and will be heading to perth some time this year - really depending on this whole citizenship law...if we do have to be in before july then we will, if not we will hold out until september!!!
well, just thought id say hi really!
any advice/healp greatly appreciated!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:24 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im new!!!

Hi Nmat and welcome to BE.

Your question has been answered on the citizenship thread in immigration .
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:25 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,
I have found this site invaluable, loads of friendly people all ready to help.
Im sure you have to validate visa by 1st july to qualify for 2yr citizenship.
We are off 11th june for this reason or we would have left it a bit later.
all the best
Jo
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nmat
Hey everyone - new to this site... found it via google when i was trying to find out whether i have to be in oz before 1st july to still qualify for the 2 year citizenship rule...to be honest, i am left utterly confused!!! but i must say everyone seems to be so helpful!
my boyfriend and i have our visas and will be heading to perth some time this year - really depending on this whole citizenship law...if we do have to be in before july then we will, if not we will hold out until september!!!
well, just thought id say hi really!
any advice/healp greatly appreciated!!!!
hello and welcome sorry can't help you with your question.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

nmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant futurenmat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ws99
Hi Nmat and welcome to BE.

Your question has been answered on the citizenship thread in immigration .
just seen - thanks! cleared a lot up!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hi there,
I have found this site invaluable, loads of friendly people all ready to help.
Im sure you have to validate visa by 1st july to qualify for 2yr citizenship.
We are off 11th june for this reason or we would have left it a bit later.
all the best
Jo
yea, does seem a really nice site - very helpful! its such a big step, kinda scary isnt it, but nice to know im not the only one!!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:38 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

yeah scary it is, we have never even visited oz before let alone live there !!!!
cant wait to go tho...where abouts are you going, we are headed to port kennedy which is SOR..
Jo
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

BadHorsie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Nmat. I'm a new guy too. No visa yet. We got through the initial stages though.

Good luck!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
yeah scary it is, we have never even visited oz before let alone live there !!!!
cant wait to go tho...where abouts are you going, we are headed to port kennedy which is SOR..
Jo
wow - must be scary for you!!! all i can say is you cannot even imagine how amazing it is... however great you think it will be now, when you get there you will find out it is 100x better than you ever imagined!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BadHorsie01
Welcome Nmat. I'm a new guy too. No visa yet. We got through the initial stages though.

Good luck!
thats great...what stage are you at?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curly
hello and welcome sorry can't help you with your question.
see youre a hairdresser - i am too...how is it in oz???
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

BadHorsie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nmat
thats great...what stage are you at?
First steps. My wife had the skills visa interview last tuesday and aced it. We're now in the planning stage. She didn't even need my input to get through. Now we're about 2 weeks away from paying the first stage payment to the Visa bureau. Probably 15 to 18 months.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BadHorsie01
First steps. My wife had the skills visa interview last tuesday and aced it. We're now in the planning stage. She didn't even need my input to get through. Now we're about 2 weeks away from paying the first stage payment to the Visa bureau. Probably 15 to 18 months.
we started the process in 7th may last year, have had a few hiccups along the way but are waiting for our passports to come back woth our visas in any day now! may be quicker than you think!!! we never expected it to be so soon