Reload this Page >

I'm new at this!!

I'm new at this!!

Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm new at this!!

HI
Have been reading the message board for a while now and really do enjoy it.
My partner and I are at the moment, considering a move to Oz, altough nothing is definite. I've thought about and would love to. Reading all your posts on here has helped and I love reading the posts from people telling what it is like having moved and are settling into a new country!
Thanks for all the information, this is definitely the most informative website I have found!! Will keep reading.
Thanks
KayCee

Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm new at this!!

Originally posted by KayCee
HI
My partner and I are at the moment, considering a move to Oz, altough nothing is definite. I've thought about and would love to. Reading all your posts on here has helped and I love reading the posts from people telling what it is like having moved and are settling into a new country!
Thanks for all the information, this is definitely the most informative website I have found!! Will keep reading.
Thanks
KayCee

Welcome KayCee

Thats exactly what we said when we first started reading all the threads!

We have learnt so much - its really been helpful in many ways.

Trouble is my hubby is absolutely hooked

Lately once I start browsing I'm finding it hard to stop too!

Must have something to eat now though - might collapse in a heap else

BFN
Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Bix da Boss
Welcome KayCee

Thats exactly what we said when we first started reading all the threads!

We have learnt so much - its really been helpful in many ways.

Trouble is my hubby is absolutely hooked

Lately once I start browsing I'm finding it hard to stop too!

Must have something to eat now though - might collapse in a heap else

BFN
Hi there,
we found this site in December and its been great,the info we get is priceless,were abouts do you think you will be heading if you do move,we flt to perth on the 2nd June and cant wait!
natasha
Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

I know what you mean about getting hooked. Some of the threads are so good that I can't stop reading. Mind you the one that was most interesting for me was the one on spiders as I hate the damn things!! That would be my biggest fear if/when we move!! I like the idea of the spide catcher things, but still then don't even know if I could get that close!!
:scared:
KayCee
Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Natasha
My partner likes the look of Perth and I like Sydney, so not too sure as yet!! Where are you thinking of?
KayCee
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:05 pm
Go Banana's !!

HI
Thanks
KayCee

Hi KayCee,

Welcome. Like you we viewed from afar to start then took the plunge.....Warning, you get hooked easily !!

We joined in Sept last year after already applying for migration but have picked up loads of useful hints/tips along the way.

Be weary to take a balanced view as you can get extremes on here and make your own mind up - everyone's journey through this process and their perceptions on Oz differ.

Good luck and I'm sure the rest of the members will help you if needed.

Best wishes

Mr. Banana (Warren)
Perth in 2004......

Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Hi Natasha
My partner likes the look of Perth and I like Sydney, so not too sure as yet!! Where are you thinking of?
KayCee
Hi KayCee
Sydney was way too exspensive for us,we have 2 small children,And Perth seems to offer us just what we want,We want a more laid back approach to life and for the children to have a lot more outdoor life,micks an electrician and i want to go back to uni ,when my youngest is in full time school,We were thinking of Kingsley,we are still not that sure,we have short term accomadation for now,and in that time we are going to have a good look around a few areas and schools,Do you have children?
And have you been to Perth or Sydney?
natasha
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Natasha
Haven't been to Oz yet - which I suppose would really help. It is on the list to do and I'm hoping it will be this year!!
We don't have kids which is probably the main problem. Being the eldest my mum is looking forward to being a grandma (although she denies it)!! I don't know if I would want to move before I have kids (a good babysitter!!) Tough decision.
KayCee
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Natasha
Haven't been to Oz yet - which I suppose would really help. It is on the list to do and I'm hoping it will be this year!!
We don't have kids which is probably the main problem. Being the eldest my mum is looking forward to being a grandma (although she denies it)!! I don't know if I would want to move before I have kids (a good babysitter!!) Tough decision.
KayCee
Dont worry ,we havent been before either,What visa do you plan doing on?Our parents have been really surpportive,However the guilt of moving and our children being away from family is very hard,and whatever you decied to ,it will be difficult,You,ve a long way to go i see,Its taken us from start to finish a year and a half and thats just to get the visa!!!!!!!:scared: Main thing is friends are already planning trips and family ,so thats a plus for us!My dad will never come over A)he cant afford and B)he wont fly,so that will be difficult,but technology has moved on and we are armed with a web cam !
tasha
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

suffolkdino is on a distinguished road

Hi Natasha
KayCee
Hi kayCee

Welcome to the site. We' been searching through it for a couple of months now and its an excellent way to gather information. Also we are just down the road from you in newmarket. You'll be surprised how many people in this area alone have the same idea as you. Keep your eyes open for a meet up of locals some time in June (13th I think) at Thetford . Details may appear in "Cambridge and surrounds meet" thread which you will find if you do a search.:
paul
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Expats. Look forward to your input.

Whisky
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Natasha
KayCee
Compromise and go for Broken Hill. Welcome to the site too.

OzTennis
Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies. It seems wierd to be writing now! I saw that there was a meet recently near Bury St Edmunds and I was tempted to come along, but would feel a bit of a fraud as at the moment, we have done nothing more than mention it and look at where we would go.
The threads on here have been really useful and I have picked up lots of information.
KayCee
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Thanks for your replies. It seems wierd to be writing now! I saw that there was a meet recently near Bury St Edmunds and I was tempted to come along, but would feel a bit of a fraud as at the moment, we have done nothing more than mention it and look at where we would go.
The threads on here have been really useful and I have picked up lots of information.
KayCee
Hi Kaycee, We're along the road from you in Woolpit. At the meet last Sunday there were another 2 couples from Bury also. Everyone was at different stages with their applications. Some already have them, others are still collecting info for their skills assessment and another family are off in a couple of weeks so it's a good way of finding out lots of info first hasnd so to speak. Hope you can come along to our next meet- possibly picnic at Thetford Forest
Yvonne xxx
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

HI
Thanks
KayCee

Hi Kaycee, welcome to the site. I think you have more chance of finding the "Sunshine Band" in Perth rather than Sydney.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.