Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Im a mortgage advisor

Im a mortgage advisor

Old Dec 17th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Question Im a mortgage advisor

here in the uk is there in anyone in Perth from the finance background??? Just looking for any information people may have that could help me get employed when we go.

Amanda x
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Im a mortgage advisor

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
here in the uk is there in anyone in Perth from the finance background??? Just looking for any information people may have that could help me get employed when we go.

Amanda x
My hubby was a financial adviser and has to totally requalify over here. UK qualifications aren't worth the paper they are written on over here although once you requalify everyone seemed to be prepared to take into acount your UK experience.

I believe there are also exams that have to be sat to be a mortgage adviser as well as he couldn't just slip into one of those jobs instead.

You will be able to do mortgage assessing straight away and demand is huge. Hubby just finished a job doing that which he got within 3 days of arrival with no interview (except with the employment agency) and just based on his UK background. You will have no problem getting an assessing job whilst you re-qualify - although the pay is minimum wage.

Let me know if you want anymore help. Good Luck

Lucy.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
UK qualifications aren't worth the paper they are written on over here
Unfortunately the systems are very different so it's not really practical for UK quals in this area to carry over. It's probably worth keeping up UK registration as once dual Aus/UK qualified there is probably a substantial niche of the market you could serve.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unfortunately the systems are very different so it's not really practical for UK quals in this area to carry over. It's probably worth keeping up UK registration as once dual Aus/UK qualified there is probably a substantial niche of the market you could serve.
so would CeMAP qualifications not transfer either JAJ???
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
What's "CeMAP"?? I've never heard of it.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
NBo - CeMAP not considered over here. - or so my hubby was told anyway!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
What's "CeMAP"?? I've never heard of it.
for info JAJ-
http://www.ifslearning.com/qualifica...rses/cemap.cfm

Its a mortgage qualification which has to be taken to be able to advise on mortgages.

Makes sense I suppose as they are UK relevent. Will have to look at re-training in finance by the looks of things then.

Last edited by CathnPaul; Dec 18th 2006 at 1:11 am.