33.33%
something else
38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

I'm gonna "offically" pop the question tomorrow

Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:18 pm
earlswood

Well Badgers,

My old man said: "I'm a bit sick if the hastle of everyone thinkin' your Mrs B***** (Can't give it away as you all think I'm Mrs Pooh Bear!!)

So if your Mom and Dad will have the kids while we go on honeymoon lets do it!!

How lucky am I ??

Earlswood

Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:49 pm
Badge

hup - you'd have to get down on one knee cos your 2 bloody metres tall and I guess you wouldn't get low enough, seeing as the missus is 1m tall eh? At my height, I'll have to stand on the bloody chair and she'll have to get down on one knee..

(when she is in heels she towers over me and I feel like Tom Cruise/Bernie Ecclestone.

I walked in to a restaurant with her once in heels, holding hands -doing the Film Premiere thing and everyone turned to look. And it's not like I have any money or anything. Bloody hell.)

nice style though!!

the prize goes to .....

Johanne - I'm working on modifying your idea...
the restaurant is a 1 star michelen jobby and its very expensive..I'm planning on calling the chef owner as I know him from the pub - and telling him the occasion. You never know - might throw in the cheese platter free!!

knowing my luck the table will be in the middle of the room and we'll have an audience... you know - everyone will be saying - sotte voce - "look ! That guys' just pulled his ring out!!!! "" Mustn't look around or I'll forget my line.

Badgers is now REALLY kackin himself. He was just kidding about being nervous - now he IS..

Last edited by badgersmount; Sep 18th 2003 at 9:52 pm.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, no pressure mate, but we are looking forward to meeting your fiancee and seeing the ring at the Brighton Meet on the 5th.......!

Pollyana

Who keeps checking her ring is still there cos she STILL can't believe its true.....
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:01 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I walked in to a restaurant with her once in heels
You know I said bisexual trainspotter. I'm gonna have to change that to a transaexual trainspotter. What were you doing in heels ya big jessy

Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:08 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

just go with your heart mate!
tell her you love her and cant live without her...
...works every time...
...well, it would work on me....!!!!! What do the other girls think?

nowt wrong with a heavy dose of good old fashioned romance, which is sadly lacking in todays society...just look at the thread on sex in the open!!!

my best friend and her hubby of 7 years still spend cosy weekends in front of the tv watching their wedding video....awwww, bless!!!!!!

sue

ps. just dont throw into the conversation post-proposal that you asked the opinion of us lot!!!???
Old Sep 18th 2003, 10:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I wonder if badgers has considered the fact that she may actually be reading the forum herself when he's not about......
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck. Sorry... meant ... All the best.
Come and join us, why should you be the only happy one?
Remember these wise words for the future

Sex between 2 people is a beautiful thing; between 5 it's fantastic ...
Woody Allen
lms
Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:33 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dagboy asked me on the phone during his lunch hour. He was in England, I was in Australia. And when I said "Pardon, what did you say?" he growled "You bloody heard me!" . .

Good luck badgers, hope it goes well .
Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Still trying to work out how to ask … hence the 15 years living in sin

Old Sep 19th 2003, 4:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Dagboy asked me on the phone during his lunch hour. He was in England, I was in Australia. And when I said "Pardon, what did you say?" he growled "You bloody heard me!" . .

Good luck badgers, hope it goes well .
Growling as well.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Hope you haven't changed your mind overnight badgers! That sort of question is often best on the spur of the moment.
Good luck - waiting for your news.......

:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 19th 2003, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read the post Badge !!

All the best for tonite i hope it all goes to plan.

Just for everyone else i was proposed to earlier this year in March on the middle of a frozen lake in Lake Louise whilst sitting in the back of a horse drawn carriage. Yes it was romantic and well worth waiting for after 14 years.

footie chick
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:19 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm gonna "offically" pop the question tomorrow

Originally posted by badgersmount
Taking delivery of ring tomorrow from Hatton Garden - 1/4 of the price of retail shop. Result!

Diamond is nigh on perfect - E grade yadda yadda in platinum band. Ver v very slight inclusion. Yadda Yadda

1 star (tight git aren't) restaurant booked for tomorrow night.

Now..

do I reinact the scene from "America Pie - the Wedding" or what?? It is not my intention to humiliate or ridicule her. :-)

what did other blokes do on this site. come on on give a man some advice...girls what did he do?

badgers

what is it about us blokes - we jump out of planes etc, do live firing, wrestle rams, castrate calfs, land planes etc but when it comes to marriage and weddings and stuff we're gibbering wrecks???
You should get yourself out of that bike shop and start your own soap opera. The girls love these daytime shows. You could call it 'Badgersmount Street' Good luck today anyway.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:27 am
Badge

my life's one big soap opera!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.