Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm getting hitched!!

I'm getting hitched!!

Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:39 pm
Badge

Default I'm getting hitched!!

to my girlfriend who is coming with me to Aussie.

We were looking at rings but ever mindful of all the airfares coming up may well wait untill we sell our flats...(we have to go to Aussie to validate mine - jet off everywhere to see her family..) It was good fun looking at rings but the rugby was due on and we almost missed anthems..:-)

(Just wondered - lads - girls - how much money is normal for a ring??!!
1000 quid, 2000 quid???!!!)

badgers

Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:41 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

free if you get em out of a cracker!
Sounds corny but its not the cost, its just if she likes it or not.
Good luck with it both of you. Thanks for the call aswell, i feel very touched x
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm getting hitched!!

Originally posted by badgersmount

We were looking at rings but ever mindful of all the airfares coming up may well wait untill we sell our flats...(we have to go to Aussie to validate mine - jet off everywhere to see her family..) It was good fun looking at rings but the rugby was due on and we almost missed anthems..:-)

badgers

what a romantic fool, as for the ring you need to take her shopping let her pick one out then dont let youre jaw drop tell her she can have anything she wants

arlene
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

badgers
CONGRATULATIONS Badgers!

They say that a months salary is usually the decent and conventional amount to spend on a ring, I'm sure you're decent ( ), but you don't have to be conventional. An engagement or wedding ring should be a token of your feelings , not a statement of your wealth. I'm sure she'll be delighted with whatever you choose.

Good luck and happiness to you both, Leigh.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

its not the size that matters! lol

congrats

ellen1

Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

badgers
Firstly congratulations to you both!
as everyone has said it isn't about the cost but the token, the thought behind it, i could've had a huge solitaire diamond engagement ring when we got engaged years ago but because i have tiny hands, it looked silly, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary in June and again we looked at big stoned eternity rings, yes they were lovely but looked silly against my 'small' engagement ring and little hands. What i would advise is to take your girlfriend shopping and let her try lots on, you'll soon get an idea of what she wants
thats my thoughts anyway
best wishes to you
rach
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:14 pm
Badge

is that net or gross??!!! lol I'd be up for 2000 ish!!! I read about that somewhere which is why I wasn't sure. Could get an old ute for that money!!

the ones we saw in Ernest And Jones were actually 350, 500 and 850...when she said she liked the 350 white gold .25 carat one for design - I was looking cool (relieved) - then when she said she preferred the Platinum .25 carat 500 and 850 I was starting to think about the rugby..!!

but we may also have one made as well - from another older one that was given to her - cos she wants 2!! one kind of complements the other etc, etc.

have to admit after looking at diamonds I could start to see the beauty in them.. get one me'self ;-)

badgers

Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ellen fedulow
its not the size that matters! lol

congrats

ellen1

Wanna Bet................
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

is that net or gross??!!! lol I'd be up for 2000 ish!!! I read about that somewhere which is why I wasn't sure. Could get an old ute for that money!!

the ones we saw in Ernest And Jones were actually 350, 500 and 850...when she said she liked the 350 white gold .25 carat one for design - I was looking cool (relieved) - then when she said she preferred the Platinum .25 carat 500 and 850 I was starting to think about the rugby..!!

but we may also have one made as well - from another older one that was given to her - cos she wants 2!! one kind of complements the other etc, etc.

have to admit after looking at diamonds I could start to see the beauty in them.. get one me'self ;-)

badgers
Gosh Badgers!
You're such a softee!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:30 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Go let het pick any rock she wishes - if you are lucky she will select a Blackpool rock!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:57 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats Badgers, just remember the price is'nt important:scared: :scared: it's what it stands for that counts
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

badgers

Congratulations old son. Getting married will be the making of you - you can have a break from all that bleedin' rock climbing and paratroop missions for a bit and have a sit down for a change. Get your cardigans sorted out now mate - I will send you the brochure of my favuorite tailor here.

All the best Badgers.

Wilf

PS I would get my name down for the bowls club now if I was you. There is a hell of a waiting list but I can pull a few strings for you - a drink here, a drink there. Leave it with me.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Badger

Just seen your your post !

Oh my god. Well congrats my dear you deserve a nice girl,

Don`t know what else to say my dear but the best of luck and all the best !!!

Tracie aka footie chick xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:15 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

badgers
Congratulations, get an antique ring out of an Auction and tell her it was your great gran's and a family heirloom, she should be honoured to wear it. My old girls to sharp, hers cost me £1.5k and that was 17 years ago.

Slater
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

- you can have a break from all that bleedin' rock climbing and paratroop missions for a bit and have a sit down for a change. Get your cardigans sorted out now mate - I will send you the brochure of my favuorite tailor here.
wilf you make me

Badge, there was no way that photo was of you, he was way to tall!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.