Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

im finally back on line

im finally back on line

Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default im finally back on line

our new computor has arrived and i am back online, as i type i am watching the sea from my bedroom (what a life) had had some great storms to watch lately

loads to tell first great flight with singapore airlines service was excellent, singapore was so hot and humid you were sweating after 2 mins but nice place (what we saw of it)

adelaide we think is a great place plenty going on

we rented a car then bought a couple after a week of being here, i passed my theory test and am now the proud owner of a sa license

we rented a lovley house and have bought some furniture and are still awaiting our container

we have bought a daybreak calling card for 30 dollars which means we can phone the uk now for only half a cent a minuite

if you have a mobile get international roaming put on it before you go then you can use it to phone back to uk but it wont phone oz numbers as they are less digits

weather is quite nice for winter and the expats over here are superb

not working yet but i suppose the holiday has to end sometime so sending my cv off next week

arlene
Old Jun 19th 2004, 1:13 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Arlene

I'm really pleased everythng is so great!!!!

Please keep us updated!!!!!

Nikki x
Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:47 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi Arlene,

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Good luck on the job front.

Vicky
Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to read your journey was good and you are getting familiar with your new life in Oz.

Good luck Arlene and family.

Whisky
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:42 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: im finally back on line

Hey

Welcome back - glad you're having a fun settling in over there.

Good luck with the job hunting
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Glad to see you back Arlene. Keep us updated.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

life is good so far, the job front is okay loads of jobs going for nurse just got to get my arse into gear and stop thinking of this a a holiday

the weather is variable at the moment but we wanted to come in winter to get acclimatised

stamp duty on cars is terrible in fact tax is terrible on everything over her

sorry to say this but looking out at the sea (hard i know) it is a bit rough looking but the body and surfers are out there (what a life watching them)

haggle on everything they will redeuce their prices, i got 1500 dollars off my car by walking away

dont bring furniture out we have just bought a 2 chairs with reliners and a 3 peice with 2 recleiners on it for 2000 dollars about 900 pounds (its leather as well) and a huge oak table with 6 chairs for around 400 pounds

cars are dearer though but loads of englisg foods around including hp sauce fo rthe bacon sandwiches!!

drivers are maniacs they undercut and overtake at any opportunity

the driving test is the same as on line except it is written and if you wear glasses you have to go to the opticians beforehand and get a note to say you dont need them for driving

more news later

arlene
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:09 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arlene
life is good so far, the job front is okay loads of jobs going for nurse just got to get my arse into gear and stop thinking of this a a holiday

the weather is variable at the moment but we wanted to come in winter to get acclimatised

stamp duty on cars is terrible in fact tax is terrible on everything over her

sorry to say this but looking out at the sea (hard i know) it is a bit rough looking but the body and surfers are out there (what a life watching them)

haggle on everything they will redeuce their prices, i got 1500 dollars off my car by walking away

dont bring furniture out we have just bought a 2 chairs with reliners and a 3 peice with 2 recleiners on it for 2000 dollars about 900 pounds (its leather as well) and a huge oak table with 6 chairs for around 400 pounds

cars are dearer though but loads of englisg foods around including hp sauce fo rthe bacon sandwiches!!

drivers are maniacs they undercut and overtake at any opportunity

the driving test is the same as on line except it is written and if you wear glasses you have to go to the opticians beforehand and get a note to say you dont need them for driving

more news later

arlene
Sounds great Arlene, hows Des coping with the lifestyle, is he doing the Harley tours yet?
Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:04 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Bank on line...

Hi Arlene,

Good to hear you are back atcive on the site and thinsg went well on the stopover.

Good luck with the settling in. Countdown for Jill is now less than 4 weeks.

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
Perth 2004......

Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the new adventure-keep us posted all the good and bad bits we need-at the mo though- especially the good stuff.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:44 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear from you arlene and superb that all is goin well for you....we r off to Oz a week Monday wooo hooo cant wait
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi arlene,
Things sound fabulous, glad it's all working out for you and yours.

'the driving test is the same as on line except it is written and if you wear glasses you have to go to the opticians beforehand and get a note to say you dont need them for driving' quoted by arlene

What if you do need glasses for driving, I wear mine most of the time?

Regards
Sarah
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:55 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im finally back on line

Originally posted by arlene
our new computor has arrived and i am back online, as i type i am watching the sea from my bedroom (what a life) had had some great storms to watch lately

loads to tell first great flight with singapore airlines service was excellent, singapore was so hot and humid you were sweating after 2 mins but nice place (what we saw of it)

adelaide we think is a great place plenty going on

we rented a car then bought a couple after a week of being here, i passed my theory test and am now the proud owner of a sa license

we rented a lovley house and have bought some furniture and are still awaiting our container

we have bought a daybreak calling card for 30 dollars which means we can phone the uk now for only half a cent a minuite

if you have a mobile get international roaming put on it before you go then you can use it to phone back to uk but it wont phone oz numbers as they are less digits

weather is quite nice for winter and the expats over here are superb

not working yet but i suppose the holiday has to end sometime so sending my cv off next week

arlene
arlene,

Glad to hear all is well, keep us posted.

BTW: you'll have to change your location from Warwickshire to Adelaide now.....

D D