Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Im in ADL...and it rocks!

Im in ADL...and it rocks!

Old May 7th 2006, 1:35 pm
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold
Default Im in ADL...and it rocks!

OK....best part of a bottle of Chardonnay so excuse the typos!

We arrived in Adelaide on April 28th after a few nights in Melbourne and so far, so good!! We had a great time in MEL and Im ashamed to admit we did the Neighbours tour. My 7 year old daughter was beside herslef with excitment and I was cowering in the back of the bus, mortified (but secretly enjoying it ) We flew Emirates non stop from Gatwick on a staff travel ticket and only paid £100 each...then we got 3 nights at the Clarion Suites Gateeay and had a lovely corner suite with floor to ceiling panoramic windows with the most incredible views of the skyline and Yarra River. We had a great time there.

Initial impressions of Adelaide are great. We have been before but the city has changed so much and suburbs we thought we liked have changed dramatically. We are now looking for rentals around Glenelg and West Beach so if anyone can help please PM me! Just wanted to let you know we have at last arrived safely! Very surreal after 2 years of knock backs and planning but we LOVE it and are very happy! Oh and I had a job interview with the leading travel company in Adelaide on Wednesday and was offered the job on the spot so all is good!

Lucy
xx
Old May 7th 2006, 1:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im in ADL...and it rocks!

Great news Lucy.

Hope it continues in that vein for you all.
Old May 7th 2006, 2:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Lucy have they really allowed you to stay in Oz. Good onya gal
Old May 7th 2006, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you.

I want a full run down of Adelaide please and some piccy's.
Old May 7th 2006, 2:49 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

So great to hear you arrived safely Lucy. Fantastic news about the job offer. Good luck finding a rental. Keep in touch.

Gill
Old May 7th 2006, 3:50 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that things are working out for you!
Old May 7th 2006, 4:03 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling in well Lucy.
Long may it continue
Julie. x
Old May 7th 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations on your job..and good luck with the house hunting...
Old May 7th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you Lucy and to see alls going great.Just one bottle of Chardonnay...come on girl your in Aus. now...get a box open

Last edited by john_w; May 7th 2006 at 9:02 pm. Reason: typos!!....and I'm the sobber one!!
Old May 7th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it's all coming together for you.
Old May 7th 2006, 9:31 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Im in ADL...and it rocks!

Originally Posted by Lucy

We arrived in Adelaide on April 28th after a few nights in Melbourne and so far, so good!! We had a great time in MEL and Im ashamed to admit we did the Neighbours tour. My 7 year old daughter was beside herslef with excitment and I was cowering in the back of the bus, mortified (but secretly enjoying it ) We flew Emirates non stop from Gatwick on a staff travel ticket and only paid £100 each...then we got 3 nights at the Clarion Suites Gateeay and had a lovely corner suite with floor to ceiling panoramic windows with the most incredible views of the skyline and Yarra River. We had a great time there.

Initial impressions of Adelaide are great. We have been before but the city has changed so much and suburbs we thought we liked have changed dramatically. We are now looking for rentals around Glenelg and West Beach so if anyone can help please PM me! Just wanted to let you know we have at last arrived safely! Very surreal after 2 years of knock backs and planning but we LOVE it and are very happy! Oh and I had a job interview with the leading travel company in Adelaide on Wednesday and was offered the job on the spot so all is good!

Lucy
xx
Brilliant news Lucy.

Have another bottle!!!

I too need the low down and the piccies - -hope to be in Adelaide myself in July/August.

Good luck.

xRachx
Old May 8th 2006, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucy

Lucy
xx
Emirates non stop?????????
Old May 8th 2006, 7:24 am
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Emirates non stop?????????

Meaning I didnt break the journey for a day or two in Dubai......I wish we had now.....
Old May 8th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

All the best Lucy and family.

Cant wait to see the place for myself, all the best for your NEW life.

LindyLoopot
Old May 8th 2006, 8:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit concerned by the title - thought you were doing something with A Dog's Life we didn't know about

Really chuffed that you have finally got here and even have a job sorted. Hope it stays as positive as you are now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.