Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm an addict - can you help me?

I'm an addict - can you help me?

Old May 25th 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default I'm an addict - can you help me?

It has been months since I was last blessed enough to be able to watch Corrie and Easters. The withdrawal symptoms previously gone are now coming back.

So all you Uk siders spill the beans, I want all the gossip on what I have missed. And make it juicy.
Old May 26th 2004, 12:04 am
Just Joined

lind is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw on the front of a womans magazine that Den is going to find ou about Sharon and Dennis relationship!

I'm toying with the idea that I should get someone to record it for me.......that would be sad!!
Old May 26th 2004, 12:08 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm an addict - can you help me?

Originally posted by tinaj
It has been months since I was last blessed enough to be able to watch Corrie and Easters. The withdrawal symptoms previously gone are now coming back.

So all you Uk siders spill the beans, I want all the gossip on what I have missed. And make it juicy.
Since you mention it, how far behind are they on UKTV?

This is an enquiry on behalf of Mrs.Chippy you understand.....
Old May 26th 2004, 12:12 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Right- here is how you manage it!

http://www.waveguide.co.uk/latest/eastenders.htm

this is a quick update - the legit site gives you pictures and a bit more information but this one keeps you ahead of the game!

For corrie there is no better site I find than

www.corrie.net

excellent updates and you can always look back at the archives for the story lines you might have missed. Also Emmerdale is on here as well for a quick read.

The nice thing about both these sites is that they do what is coming as well - so when the sister in law was over for two weeks I was able to amaze her with not only being upto date but also telling her what she was missing while she was here!

And yes quite prepared to admit I am sad, but for a lunchtime read after I have done the BBC website and World news these are a great filler once a week.

Have fun
Old May 26th 2004, 12:14 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

To admit to being Extra Sad - I also read The Bill website but have ended up annoying myself as I am so far ahead of what we are watching here.
Old May 26th 2004, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Sandra now I can see what is going on! Not as good as watching the real thing though

We don't have satelitte tv at the moment as we are renting, but when I last watched Corrie on UKTV it seemed years behind!

All this started off as hubby is back in England and he sent me a text saying how juicy Corrie was, now I am envious ( only of the TV though!)
Old May 26th 2004, 4:34 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

What gets me is all this fuss about Leslie Grantham masturbating in front of a web cam as if it were far worse than murdering a taxi driver.
Old May 26th 2004, 5:41 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

To anyone who are desperate for a fix of cornation st (Brisbane and surrounding areas):
Apparently, Coronation st is on Briz Tv week mornings around 6am if you can manage to get a good reception ( my reception to this channel is not very good at the best of times) I don't know how old the cornation programmes are though, you could set the VCR to record it if your already on the road to work.. I've never watched the corri on there, but If you haven't watched Briz tv yet .. it's a must for a laugh. It is really is very low budget, I think it's run by students.. full of cheap"homemade"adversments and such. Mind you, they do have some good motor sport programmes on there at weekends.. which I've watched a couple of times, can't remember if it's saturday or Sunday afternoon they are on... It will give you information to the motorsport events around Brisbane.

Last edited by Ceri; May 26th 2004 at 5:56 am.
Old May 26th 2004, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Wot!!! When did this all happen?
Give us the goss
Old May 26th 2004, 5:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Wot!!! When did this all happen?
Give us the goss
He murdered the taxi driver in Germany when he was 18 and served 11 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3691557.stm

His webcam antics were a few weeks ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3682351.stm
Old May 26th 2004, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

I have to say I would have loved to see the 'catfight' between Eileen and Gail in Corrie (when Todd tells SarahLou that he is gay!!)...quality TV! Reading about it on the net just isn't the same.
I can't get used to Aussie TV, and instead of watching soaps, I find I am addicted to the reality shows e.g. The Apprentice, The Block, American Idol, My Restaurant Rules etc!!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by leejo
I have to say I would have loved to see the 'catfight' between Eileen and Gail in Corrie (when Todd tells SarahLou that he is gay!!)...quality TV! Reading about it on the net just isn't the same.
I can't get used to Aussie TV, and instead of watching soaps, I find I am addicted to the reality shows e.g. The Apprentice, The Block, American Idol, My Restaurant Rules etc!!!!

I am exactly the same. I love The Apprentice, American Idol and My Restaurant rules. I can't get into Neighbours or Home and Away either. Big Brother is dull at the moment though it might take off.

Bring back Survivor and The Hot house!!!
Old May 26th 2004, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

I am exactly the same. I love The Apprentice, American Idol and My Restaurant rules. I can't get into Neighbours or Home and Away either. Big Brother is dull at the moment though it might take off.

Bring back Survivor and The Hot house!!!

Good to know I'm not alone!! I have followed American Idol from the start, when I was in Manchester, saw it when I went home to Ireland for a few weeks, caught it in Hong Kong when we stopped off there and now I'm in Australia I won't miss it!! Fantasia is bound to win.... she's brilliant!!
Joanne
Old May 26th 2004, 8:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Big Brother is dull at the moment though it might take off.
Can I watch a bit of Big Brother this weekend then Tina? Oh for trash tv! The Bloke spends most of his time on war docos and I'm barred from such delights as BB!
Old May 26th 2004, 9:36 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Tina

I'm an East Ender attict as well it is brilliant at the moment - Kat slept with Andy out of him threatening to kill Alfie and he taped it! Only for Alfie to be given the tape and he watched it just as Kat came home - Ooooo it's getting juicey now!

What episodes are you seeing now out there?

Sasha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.