Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Illawarra Expats December Meetup

Illawarra Expats December Meetup

Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Illawarra Expats December Meetup

After a very successful November meetup, with more and more coming every time we organise one, i thought maybe we could do something a little special for the December one.

We thought about a day at Jamberoo ?
We have a 7 seater, so we can cut down on the amount of cars we need to take.

If you dont fancy going down the water slides in your santa hat, then all suggestions are welcome

Stu, Lou and Alfie
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:02 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illawarra Expats December Meetup

That sounds like a great idea Stu...but...I cant think of anything worse than going to a water/activity park and not being able to do anything other than waddle to the pool and float Should be classified as mental torture to watch your friends have fun when you cant All selfishness aside, i am sure Harry and Dan would love it.

We are getting booked up for December, so give me an idea of the date and we will let you know.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:23 am
Just Joined

JAZinOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh it looks great at Jamberoo, we were saving going there until we have visitors next year....but it would be a good excuse to sample it first

I'm not sure of the cost though as could be a bit expensive, especially having a contrary 3 year old who might just dip his toe in and then decide he doesn't like it, haha.

I'm pretty sure that you can get discount vouchers from the Tourist Information Centre in Wollongong? I'll pop in this week and see what I can grab and then I'll post the details on here x
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Ok, I called into the Tourist place and picked up a leaflet but unfortunately there weren't any discount vouchers So I rang them up to find out about prices... Adults (anyone over 13): $37 Children: $29
Under 3: free

They don't do any 'family tickets' but you can get a discount if you do a group booking of at least 20 ?

There are rides such as Bob-sleds, go-karts, waterslides, Surf Hill, Rapid River and the new Taipan, plus picnic & BBQ areas etc.

It would be a great day out if you were planning on staying there all day (it opens from 10 until 5pm) and the weather is good?

It's a pity they don't do a Christmas deal/special
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

Hiya,

I think we will give Jamberoo a miss due to a) the cost b) I like to sit around chatting to you guys and when we go to Jamberoo I will be running about going on all the rides c) em, there is no c, except my swimmy is really old and baggy and I'm too embarrased to be seen in it by anyone I know but I do want to meet up with you all again so I will hope to make it to the next picnic or sossy sizzle or cricket game or other cheap date

Caroline
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Well we dont have to do jamberoo, it was just a suggestion
What do you fancy doing ?

Stu
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

Hi Stu,

I just shared a bottle of bubbly with Mum to celebrate her being in Oz so I will have to wait until I can see straight before coming up with any suggestions

C X
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Suggestion.. I was thinking maybe Stuart Park as there's a playpark for younger kids and the estuary for anyone who wants a paddle in the sea (or swim or mess about on inflatable toys??) without the surfing waves, also a BBQ area..maybe we could all bring something along and have a big joint BBQ - we'll let the men take care of the BBQ haha - then we could have a game of cricket afterwards as that was good fun.. or sit about chatting and chilling with our santa hats on singing 'We wish you a merry Christmas' ??
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:25 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we'd be up for the Stuarts park idea, if we went to Jambaroo I'd be worried about doing a homer simpson and getting stuck in the Taipan, or worse coming out the other end minus me trunks (trust me that'll ruin alot of Christmas's)

Really enjoyed the last meet up at Stanwell Park, like Billy I didn't know what to expect, but after a tentative start I think we pretty much all got on.

Speaking of Billy, I will pop down the Bally at some point I promise, but friday's been a late finish recently. We got evicted last week aswell, bloody typical with parents over, but moving to Figtree in a couple of weeks

Hope you all well, take it easy and have a good weekend, if anyone fancies a spot of fishing this weekend, I'm taking my old man to lake illawarra and then onto a fishmongers to hide our shame

Steve n Sanj
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Hi all, we'd be up for the Stuarts park idea, if we went to Jambaroo I'd be worried about doing a homer simpson and getting stuck in the Taipan, or worse coming out the other end minus me trunks (trust me that'll ruin alot of Christmas's)

Really enjoyed the last meet up at Stanwell Park, like Billy I didn't know what to expect, but after a tentative start I think we pretty much all got on.

Speaking of Billy, I will pop down the Bally at some point I promise, but friday's been a late finish recently. We got evicted last week aswell, bloody typical with parents over, but moving to Figtree in a couple of weeks

Hope you all well, take it easy and have a good weekend, if anyone fancies a spot of fishing this weekend, I'm taking my old man to lake illawarra and then onto a fishmongers to hide our shame

Steve n Sanj

Evicted ?

What happened ?
And if you move to figtree you'll have to let us know where abouts, as thats where we live

Stu
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Has anything been decided...we would like to try and come this time, but would prefer a pub than a theme park...much more relaxing!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Really sorry to hear that you've been evicted Steve?! How stressful for you all, especially with you having visitors and right near Xmas?? Had you fallen out with the landlord? I've heard of someone else who is taking a landlord to court over their deposit not being returned, and they rented a property in Balgownie??

Yeah, Billy is quite a local at the Bally pub now most Friday night's so he'd be happy to chat with you over a pint about football and fishing! haha

I thought Stuart Park would be quite central and also they've got Diggies cafe nearby and the Lagoon for anyone wanting to buy food/coffee/beer/wine or we could all bring our own and have a party?

Sunday 14th December would be a good date for us as we are going away to visit family the weekend afterwards?

Be great if everyone can make it and to meet some new faces too...the more the merrier
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

The owners asked us if we wanted to sign up for another year, but we asked for 6 months so we wouldn't be moving near Chistmas. They turned round and said they'd be moving in in Jan so that's our plans stuffed now.

The house we're moving to has a pool tho, so not all bad. Looks like me and me pa have got Crimbo day sorted out, spend the day getting pissed up by the pool, have dinner, wash it down, fall asleep then wobble to bed with a full belly and sun stroke. Who says the spirit of Christmas is gone

Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose

14th may be difficult for us as that's the weekend we get the keys, but we're gonna try and get it all done on the saturday, mum and dad didn't see this one coming If anyone's got a luton van or similar, would you be willing to swap it for as much booze as you can handle and a good feed?

See ya soon

Steve
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAZinOZ
Suggestion.. I was thinking maybe Stuart Park as there's a playpark for younger kids and the estuary for anyone who wants a paddle in the sea (or swim or mess about on inflatable toys??) without the surfing waves, also a BBQ area..maybe we could all bring something along and have a big joint BBQ - we'll let the men take care of the BBQ haha - then we could have a game of cricket afterwards as that was good fun.. or sit about chatting and chilling with our santa hats on singing 'We wish you a merry Christmas' ??
Can you do one next year too as we will be there by then and it sounds like fun
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Hi all

The owners asked us if we wanted to sign up for another year, but we asked for 6 months so we wouldn't be moving near Chistmas. They turned round and said they'd be moving in in Jan so that's our plans stuffed now.

The house we're moving to has a pool tho, so not all bad. Looks like me and me pa have got Crimbo day sorted out, spend the day getting pissed up by the pool, have dinner, wash it down, fall asleep then wobble to bed with a full belly and sun stroke. Who says the spirit of Christmas is gone

Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose

14th may be difficult for us as that's the weekend we get the keys, but we're gonna try and get it all done on the saturday, mum and dad didn't see this one coming If anyone's got a luton van or similar, would you be willing to swap it for as much booze as you can handle and a good feed?

See ya soon

Steve
Wow - a swimming pool?! BBQ round at yours then on Boxing Day? haha

Billy has got a Ute, and he said that if he's not working on the Sat (depends if he can get the job he's working on finished in time), then he can give you a hand??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.