Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'll not be sorry to see the back of.......

I'll not be sorry to see the back of.......

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:46 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'll not be sorry to see the back of.......

THE BLOODY ODDSOCK BAG

Sorry its another one of my inane postings

I have spent half an hour tonight sorting and pairing all the socks and as is always the case coming up with loads of odd ones. The odd ones go into "the odd sack bag". Now I have sorted through the odd sock bag and as we only have six days til we fly and I think its time to burn the oddsock bag. Start my new life with only real true gods honest pairs of socks.

We are spending this our last week in a total state of bedlam and acitivity. Phoning relatives, banks, dentists, doctors, solicitors, car rental companies etc. etc.

Selling of the last our possessions. Sold our dishwasher :scared: and oh what hell, having to wash all our dishes by hand (Now don't go thinking I'm spoiled cos if you have a dishwasher you will not want to go back to life without one ).

What will it be like?
Will it all be worth it?
What will we love?
What will we hate?
Where will we live :scared: ?
What will we do?

Dunno yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a go

6 days and counting.............................

And in the words of the late great Freddy Mercury

I'm going slightly mad
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, one of lifes great mysteries...my advice?...do a ceremonial burning in the back garden..... free all those lonesome socks...and be on your merry way......
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:52 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at the house clearing down as a sort of enema for our possessions. Clearing out all of the crap that builds up over the years.

Hmmm pleasant image
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
I'm looking at the house clearing down as a sort of enema for our possessions. Clearing out all of the crap that builds up over the years.

Hmmm pleasant image

HaHa!!!

Mmmm....imagine how much lighter you'll feel!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:02 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

If you're going to have a ceremonial burning, do it there - it'd be a waste of money bringing the odd-sock bag out here to burn, and you wouldn't be allowed to, anyway - total fire bans, due to bush-fire season starting!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'll not be sorry to see the back of.......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HUP

What will it be like?
Will it all be worth it?
What will we love?
What will we hate?
Where will we live :scared: ?

Dunno yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a go

The best and most important part of this posting is definitely

''DUNNO YET BUT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING IT A GO''

This I agree with 100%.We'll be in perth/Mandurah in a little over three weeks,to give it 110% we can only try.best of luck HUP and anybody else going to give it a FAIR GO.

Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:09 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Quote: - We'll be in perth/Mandurah in a little over three weeks

You'll love it there, Chris - I spent a month in the area a couple of years ago, and used to live in WA many years ago. I love WA - friendly people, beautiful CLEAN city (Perth), gorgeous beaches....

The only reasons I chose to live in Sydney: the Blue Mountains! (We have a property there).

Give it your best shot, and you'll never look back.

Good luck!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hup, If the dishwasher has gone, and you are leaving shortly - why wash the dishes? Pack the good ones, then use the others, and as you use them, throw them out! Very liberating! My last meal in my old flat....and I threw out the plate, the cutlery, the frying pan.....
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:14 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hup, If the dishwasher has gone, and you are leaving shortly - why wash the dishes? Pack the good ones, then use the others, and as you use them, throw them out! Very liberating! My last meal in my old flat....and I threw out the plate, the cutlery, the frying pan.....
No can do there all coming with us. Were strictly a one dinner service family over here . Though I am trying to enforce a one cup one mug policy on the kids. But guess what it ain't working.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:18 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shame, the chucking out bit is fun! Make sure the kids do the washing up then, if it has to be done.
I left 5 binbags out for the garbos this morning with my last chucking out pile - very sad looking broom, broken noticeboard, kettle on last legs, that kind of thing - came out later and yes, there was some sad soul going through it all!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:22 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I'll not be sorry to see the back of
though you were going to follow with .........all the lucky ones that are getting to go to Aus in the next few weeks

All the best to you all hope life is as kind to you as the people who give out the visa's
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by downunderpom
Quote: - We'll be in perth/Mandurah in a little over three weeks

You'll love it there, Chris - I spent a month in the area a couple of years ago, and used to live in WA many years ago. I love WA - friendly people, beautiful CLEAN city (Perth), gorgeous beaches....

The only reasons I chose to live in Sydney: the Blue Mountains! (We have a property there).

Give it your best shot, and you'll never look back.

Good luck!
Thanks Steve We've got no intention of heading back this way,so
our best shot is our only option.
Look out WA here we come
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'll not be sorry to see the back of.......

Originally posted by HUP
THE BLOODY ODDSOCK BAG

Sorry its another one of my inane postings

I have spent half an hour tonight sorting and pairing all the socks and as is always the case coming up with loads of odd ones. The odd ones go into "the odd sack bag". Now I have sorted through the odd sock bag and as we only have six days til we fly and I think its time to burn the oddsock bag. Start my new life with only real true gods honest pairs of socks.
O MY GOD! I can't believe that someone else has an odd sock bag! Every 6 months or so I empty it and bin em - never ever get to find out where the "partner" socks end up though - one of life's mysteries I suppose .. :-)

Mine is a very posh silver carrier bag (havent a clue where it came from)

Bobbi
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You all have matching socks. I am jealous.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:47 pm
Home and Happy

I not only have lots of odd socks, but I wear them, quite openly, sometimes,just to see whether anyone will say "er,did you know you have odd socks on?". Very few people speak, though they gove me strange looks....mind you they do that anyway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.