Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If you're coming to WA...

If you're coming to WA...

Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:21 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you're coming to WA...

Originally Posted by biggy
ohhh tooo serious geeze some pish man
OK...

A wee poem....

As I was walking by Saint Pauls,
Someone grabbed me by the arm.

I sent you 10 bucks in the post!
Did you get it??
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:22 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
OK...

A wee poem....

Did you get it??

when did ye send it?

cause a huvnae goat it

ffs $10 a cheap tart lol

wiz it fun fir u?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:23 am

OK...

A wee poem....

Did you get it??

pish poem btw
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:28 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

when did ye send it?

cause a huvnae goat it

ffs $10 a cheap tart lol

wiz it fun fir u?
LOL..

Sent it a while ago.

I enjoyed it immensely!

Went to the post box & personally licked its container before shoving it in the slot..
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Perth doesn't really have a prevailing wind cos it's surrounded by hills, & is usually fairly calm in the mornings before the sea breeze comes in.
If we do get a strong easterly in summer it's always stinking hot and even though it's windy it's like standing in front of an open oven!!!

Well, for the region that is the Hills and especially the foothills, the "prevailing" wind of the easterly is like a howling gale in the early part of the day for this area ( ie Wattle Grove, High Wycombe, Gosnells etc).
The "gully winds" in the morning are a match on the afternoon coastal breeze for being able to knock a fair few full bottles of grog off the table.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:46 am

LOL..

Sent it a while ago.

I enjoyed it immensely!

Went to the post box & personally licked its container before shoving it in the slot..

bugger and I didnae feel a thing...no lickin or shovin lol and ave still no goat it hehe
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Muzza04
Well, for the region that is the Hills and especially the foothills, the "prevailing" wind of the easterly is like a howling gale in the early part of the day for this area ( ie Wattle Grove, High Wycombe, Gosnells etc).
The "gully winds" in the morning are a match on the afternoon coastal breeze for being able to knock a fair few full bottles of grog off the table.

Okay, here's my question, if you live somewhere like Willeton or Carramar (not on the coast or the in the hills) and your having friends over for dinner, and your all outside and it's at some point in the afternoon, are you enjoying time with your mates or are you running around the yard chasing after flying cutlery and (dare I say) paper plates?

Nicanjoe
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Warm pjs, dressing gown, slippers and even socks are needed at night.... sexy ![/QUOTE]

Simeon must have thought you looked sexy Larissa..................seeing as you are preggers again!!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Okay, here's my question, if you live somewhere like Willeton or Carramar (not on the coast or the in the hills) and your having friends over for dinner, and your all outside and it's at some point in the afternoon, are you enjoying time with your mates or are you running around the yard chasing after flying cutlery and (dare I say) paper plates?

Nicanjoe

You're in "no mans land" mate, its a stinkin hot vortex ye gotta be aware of
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Warm pjs, dressing gown, slippers and even socks are needed at night.... sexy !

Simeon must have thought you looked sexy Larissa..................seeing as you are preggers again!!!!! [/QUOTE]

PMSL, would have been helpful if it had been winter at the time Sandra!

Lol, it really gets that cold at night in winter, I am not one for PJs but got some brushed fleecy type ones -and I have never worn stuff like that before!
I'm hoping it won't be so bad this year as we are at least insulated, but I'm seriously due for a look at gas heating options as we just have a log fire.
We used to hear the gales blowing through our roof in our last place, the windows would rattle (single glazed and floor to ceiling). We are just that little bit further inland but OReef (lovely burb though) is very exposed.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

You're in "no mans land" mate, its a stinkin hot vortex ye gotta be aware of
The heat I can handle, it's the wind I'm concerned about, I hate being cold!!!!!!

Nicanjoe
Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:26 pm

bugger and I didnae feel a thing...no lickin or shovin lol and ave still no goat it hehe

i need a shower now feel sooo durty
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:10 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

But all that wind only happens when you've had a curry.... Murray!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

But all that wind only happens when you've had a curry.... Murray!!!

Please do leave a carton of grog on your table outside( overnight)to test this wind theory.

Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:39 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
The heat I can handle, it's the wind I'm concerned about, I hate being cold!!!!!!

Nicanjoe
You wont be cold from the wind in summer.

Typical summers day. Calm warm mornings with no breeze. 12 - 2pm sea breeze comes in and can be quite strong at times, but not strong enough to mess up my hair. In the evenings 5-6 onwards the breeze will die down and if your having a BBQ outside around 7 there will probably not be a breath of air and its magic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.