Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If your earning $100k?

If your earning $100k?

Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:44 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: If your earning $100k?

Originally Posted by iceman
I wouldn't say wealthy !!!!
I wouldn't either, especially if that's the only income.

Wealthy would be both partners making 100K + a year!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:42 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555

Even that doesn't make you wealthy.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vanessa
True enough

And there's the question of what is wealth anyways
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:47 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Even $100K per week is not wealthy, but it depends on your spectrum of friends and acquaintenances.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:11 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Even $100K per week is not wealthy, but it depends on your spectrum of friends and acquaintenances.
Financially $5.2m per year is wealthy imo - but money is not everything
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:56 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by harrip
But it can make you miserable in comfort
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:59 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

But it can make you miserable in comfort

here here
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:08 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

What made you come up with that amount? Is that what you earn?

My OH paid almost $28,000 tax on $93,000 last year, then of course there was the super, medicare levy and ambulance cover to be deducted.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555

Spot on, 100,000 with kids to raise would mean a very average lifestyle, especially with the average mortgage.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:33 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Spot on, 100,000 with kids to raise would mean a very average lifestyle, especially with the average mortgage.
We have 4 kids, live in a decent house in a nice area. We have no debt (other than a mortgage) but still have to budget every month. We are slightly better off than when we were in England, but quality of live is more than money alone. Our kids can play outdoors, the neighbours are great and Australia gives us the life we wanted. We are not wealthy, but I would say reasonably comfortable. I don't aspire to be wealthy, although it would be nice, but my family is the thing that makes me a rich man (in things other than money)
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:36 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What made you come up with that amount? Is that what you earn?
I wish! Geelong Gent said $100K per week is not wealthy - thats about $5.2m per year.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:55 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I wish! Geelong Gent said $100K per week is not wealthy - thats about $5.2m per year.
Correction thats not what I implied

What I implied was wealth is relevant to the individual and their surrounding acquaintenances or group of colleagues.

$100K per week compared to $1m per week - who is wealthy?
or $10K per week compared to $1K per week

Also a consideration is on same incomes ie $100K who is wealthy the one spending $90K on debt repayment or the one spending $90K on asset growth?

or the one going home to a family with four kids or
the one going home to four walls and a bottle of Jack Daniels

Its a misused term
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

We have 4 kids, live in a decent house in a nice area. We have no debt (other than a mortgage) but still have to budget every month. We are slightly better off than when we were in England, but quality of live is more than money alone. Our kids can play outdoors, the neighbours are great and Australia gives us the life we wanted. We are not wealthy, but I would say reasonably comfortable. I don't aspire to be wealthy, although it would be nice, but my family is the thing that makes me a rich man (in things other than money)
Nicely put. We've just had our second, six weeks ago and I've already noticed a drop in money (nappies, nappies,nappies). But the contrasting increase in the sense of family and contentment more than make up for it.

Mark
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:03 am
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Correction thats not what I implied

What I implied was wealth is relevant to the individual and their surrounding acquaintenances or group of colleagues.

$100K per week compared to $1m per week - who is wealthy?
or $10K per week compared to $1K per week

Also a consideration is on same incomes ie $100K who is wealthy the one spending $90K on debt repayment or the one spending $90K on asset growth?

or the one going home to a family with four kids or
the one going home to four walls and a bottle of Jack Daniels

Its a misused term
Couldn't have put it any better !!!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:11 am
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

Totally agree that 100K is not the path to riches for a family, particularly if you are paying exorbitant Brisbane rents and you fancy travelling further than Redcliffe for your hols...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.